CeraVe PM Facial Moisturising Lotion is the night moisturiser I recommend the most during my skincare consultations. Here’s why:
- It strengthen the skin’s protective barrier, keeping your skin healthy and soft under the worst weather condition – think harsh winter winds and scalding summer heat.
- It’s suitable for all skin types, including dry, oily and sensitive.
- It’s super cheap (why pay more if you don’t have to?).
How does it accomplish all this? Let’s find out:
Key Ingredients In CeraVe PM Facial Moisturising Lotion
Niacinamide To Hydrate, Soothe, And Treat
Niacinamide is the joker of skincare. It does everything:
- It hydrates skin: it’s more effective than petrolatum at preventing water loss
- It soothes skin: it alleviates the symptoms of rosacea and irritations
- It lightens skin: it reduces dark spots, blotchiness (redness) and sallowness (yellowing)
- It helps treat wrinkles: preliminary research shows it can boost the production of skin-firming collagen
- It treats acne: its effects are similar to those of 1% clindamycin gel
It doesn’t matter what skin type or problem you’re dealing with. Niacinamide can help you treat it.
If it’s not currently part of your skincare routine, a moisturiser like CeraVe PM Facial Moisturising Lotion is the easiest way to get your fix.
Related: The Complete Guide To Niacinamide In Skincare: What It Is, What It Does, & How To Use It
Ceramides To Strengthen The Skin’s Protective Barrier
Ceramides are oily waxes (“cera” means wax in Latin) that make up the glue that holds skin cells together (together with fatty acids, cholesterol etc).
Their job is to waterproof skin. The barrier they create:
- Keeps moisture in, preventing skin from becoming dry and cracked.
- Keeps bacteria, germs, pollutants, and all sort of nasty stuff out of the body, preventing infections and irritations.
Ceramides make it harder for harsh weather & other skin enemies to break down your skin’s protective barrier. But if that happens, anyway, they can heal it, too.
When the barrier that keeps skin healthy breaks down in places, ceramides come along and fill in the gaps, stopping moisture from getting out and germs from getting in.
CeraVe PM Facial Moistuizing Lotion uses 3 types of ceramides. They’re not skimping on this!
Related: Are Ceramides The Key To Healthy Skin?
Hyaluronic Acid To Hydrate Skin
The key to glowing skin? Moisture, moisture, and more moisture.
This is where Hyaluronic Acid comes in. It’s a moisture magnet that attracts moisture from the environment into your skin. It’s so powerful, it can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water!
Can you imagine how happy your skin is with all that extra moisture? It plumps up so fine lines and wrinkles look smaller. It glows as if lit-from-within. And it gets softer to the touch.
Related: Why You Need To Add Hyaluronic Acid To Your Skincare Routine, No Matter Your Skin Type
Let’s Put It To The Test: Personal Use & Opinion
CeraVe PM Facial Moisturising Lotion doesn’t have any antioxidants or fancy extracts. It’s just a basic moisturizer that does a fantastic job at keeping your skin soft, supple and safe from environmental harm – no matter your skin type:
- Dry skin: It repairs your broken protective barrier, so moisture can finally stay in and moisturise from within.
- Oily skin: It moisturises skin without adding more oil to it – no breakouts!
- Sensitive skin: It’s free of fragrance and anything else that can irritate it.
FYI, don’t let the name fool you. You can totally use CeraVe PM Facial Moisturising Lotion in the AM, too. It’s true the texture is a little thick for a lotion, but it sinks in quickly and it creates a moisturising base for makeup.
For now, a moisturising sunscreen is all I need in the AM, but as the weather turns for the worse (it’s been non-stop rain for a month here in London 🙁 ), I definitely plan to make it a part of my morning routine, too.
The lotion does a wonderful job at moisturizing my skin. I apply it after retinol/exfoliation, two treatments that can be harsh and drying for your skin – especially if you’re new to them.
The next morning, I wake up with super soft skin that’s better able to withstand the colder temperatures. Instead than getting all dry and red as soon I step foot outside the house, my face stays supple and hydrated all day. Phew!
If you don’t mind supplementing with a separate antioxidant serum, CeraVe PM Facial Moisturising Lotion is well worth a try.
Available at: $15.99/£13.00 at Asos, Dermstore, Feel Unique and Ulta
Have you tried CeraVe PM Facial Moisturising Lotion? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Niacinamide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Potassium Phosphate, Ceramide NP, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOP, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Ceteareth-20, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate,Sodium Hyaluronate, Cholesterol, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Dipotassium Phosphate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phytosphingosine, Xanthan Gum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexylglycerin.