linden leaves aqua lily nourishing hand cream review

How beautiful does Linden Leaves Aqua Lily Nourishing Hand Cream is? When I first saw it, I thought it was worth getting it for the packaging alone (what can I say? I’m a sucker for elegant design).

But when I put it to the test… Let’s say it leaves a lot to be desired…

What’s In Linden Leaves Aqua Lily Nourishing Hand Cream?


Aloe vera is a cactus plant. To make the gel, you cut open the leaves and collect the mucilage that oozes out.

This mucilage is made 99.5% water. It’s the remaining 0.5% that holds the real magic. It’s a combination of mucopolysaccharides (basic sugars), lipids, vitamins, choline and choline salicylate that have soothing properties for your skin.

But what does it do in skincare? For starters, it’s very hydrating. It works by attracting water from the environment into the skin, keeping it soft and supple for longer.

Plus, it has anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe irritated skin, sunburns, eczema and psoriasis.

Related: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Aloe Vera In Skincare


Isopropyl Myristate has two jobs in skincare:

  • Emollient: It makes skin softer and smoother
  • Texture-enhancer: It makes the texture more pleasant to use

The problem? It’s super comedogenic.

Oh, scientists are quick to tell you there’s no scientific study proving it clogs pores. That’s true. But then how do you explain that whenever I use a face cream with Isopropyl Myristate, I get pimples left, right, and centre?

Luckily, it doesn’t do the same on my hands. But I thought I’d mention it, in case you have problems with this ingredient, too.

Need help creating the best skincare routine for you dry skin? Sign up to the newsletter below to receive the “Dry Skincare Routine Cheatsheet” (it includes product recommendations, too!).


Look, I get it you want your hand cream to smell good. But when you have more fragrant essential oils than moisturising butters (think shea and cocoa), there’s a problem.

This hand cream is loaded with citrus extracts that smell divine… but can irritate sensitive skin. If that’s you, don’t risk it.

Related: 7 Natural Ingredients That Can Irritate Sensitive Skin


Thick, but not greasy. Takes around a minute to sink in.


Citrusy floral. It starts off with a citrusy vibe before it deepens into a marine floral sprinkled with lily. Subtle.

How To Use It

Massage it onto your hands whenever they need the extra moisture.

linden leaves aqua lily nourishing hand cream

Performance & Personal Opinion

The first thing I’ve noticed about Linden Leaves Aqua Lily Nourishing Hand Cream is the scent. It’s floral. Subtle. With citrusy hints.

But mostly, it smells like a floral bouquet immersed in soapy water. It’s not bad, but not the kind of scent I usually gravitate towards.

The texture’s so rich, you’d think it can do the moisturising job easily. But a look at the ingredient list reveals the truth: there are more fragrance than moisturising ingredients here!

My hands are always on the dry side, let alone now we’re supposed to wash our hands a gazillion times a day. The cream takes a minute or so to sink in, but once it does, my hands are already screaming for more moisture.

On the outside, my skin is softer. But on the inside, it doesn’t feel nourished or moisturised enough, know what I mean?

Shame. It looks so pretty on my vanity…

Who Is This For?

Normal skin: your hands are in good condition and you just need a cream to keep them that way.

Who Is This NOT For?

  • Dry skin
  • Sensitive skin


A beautiful white tube with seafoam green watercolour shapes. It’s practical and stunning.

Does Linden Leaves Aqua Lily Nourishing Hand Cream Live Up To Its Claims?

 Intensely nourishing, fast absorbing hand therapy.It absorbs within a minute, but it’s not nourishing enough for dry skin.
Beautifully fragranced with fresh top notes of citrus and pear, layered over a bouquet of marine, green florals and lily.True, but keep in mind that fragrance can irritate sensitive and broken skin.

Price & Availability

$25.99 at Linden Leaves

Do You Need It?

Not really. There are better options around.


Dupes & Alternatives


Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Extract, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol (vegetable), Isopropyl Myristate, Parfum, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Peel Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin) Peel Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citral, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Benzyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Salicylic Acid, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Sorbic Acid.