It would be great if creams and lotions could get rid of wrinkles, large pores, and all that stuff for good, wouldn’t it? But, we know they can’t. Often, the best they can do is just hide them.
And hide imperfections is something La Roche Posay Effaclar BB Blur Instant Oil-Absorbing Coverage Cream Mousse (what a mouthful!) does very well.
It secret? I know many won’t like it, but here it is: silicones. There is a reason why this stuff is everywhere. Actually, there are lots of reasons:
- Silicones fill in fine lines and wrinkles, so they look temporarily smaller.
- Silicones smoothen skin, and the smoother skin is, the better it can reflect light. And, all that light helps make imperfections look smaller, too.
- Silicones make products spread so easily on the skin, which helps a lot with blending. While I wouldn’t say that Effaclar blends effortlessly, it is really easy to apply.
- Silicones can also helps absorb excess oil. If you have combo skin, Effaclar can help keep the shine at bay for a few hours. But, if it’s very oily, don’t expect miracles.
- Silicones create a protective barrier on the skin that reduces water loss, which helps to keep skin hydrated.
This barrier is the reason why silicones are so misunderstood. A barrier implies something impenetrable that lets nothing in or out, and so won’t allow skin to perspire. But, silicones have a particular structure, which is made up of large molecules with space between each molecule. So, skin can do its thing even with silicones on top of it.
Thanks to silicones, Effaclar BB Blur quickly airbrushes skin, blurring pores, wrinkles, and other small imperfections for that “my face but better” look. Keep in mind, though, that I don’t have any serious imperfections to hide.
Because Effaclar BB Blur has a very light coverage, you can’t rely on the pigment to help out the silicones in their blurring action. So, while it can definitely make any complexion look better, if you have severe dark circles or dark spots, you’re still better off with a high-coverage foundation.
Talking about pigments and coverage, why does it comes only in two shades, “Fair Light” and “Light Medium”? Both are quite similar, and they’re both a bit too dark and warm for me, so I doubt many people will be able to find a good match. Isn’t that SO annoying?
Price & Availability: $29.99 at Feel Unique
Ingredients: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide. Dimethicone, Undecane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tridecane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silica Silylate, Perlite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Retinyl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. [/su_spoiler]
PR Sample. Affiliate links.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.