You know you should NEVER pop a pimple, right? It’s gross. And spreads the infection around. Yuck.
But, come on, you’re doing anyway. Because, it feels SO satisfying. Doesn’t it?
Well, if you must do it, do it right. Here’s how to pop a pimple like a derm (ssshhh, don’t tell them I told ya):
How To Pop A Pimple Like A Dermatologist
- Is that white head so visible, it looks like it’s been staring at you, begging you to pop it? Then, go ahead. But, if the white head hasn’t popped up yet, wait. You’ll just make things worse, if you don’t.
- Before you start, wash your face and hands. There are bacteria and dirt on there, and you don’t want them anywhere near the pimple.
- This is the scary part. Get a needle and sterilize it by heating up the tip with a lighter or match. Wait a few minutes for it to cool down or you’ll get burnt (ouch!), and wipe it clean with a cotton ball soaked with rubbing alcohol.
- Soak another cotton ball in alcohol and wipe the pimple and the surrounding area with it.
- Place the needle nearly parallel to your skin and impale the tip of the pimple (this is why I don’t pop pimples – needles freak me out too much).
- Apply gentle pressure to the side of the pimple to get all the pus out. Whatever you do, DON’T squeeze!
- Soak another cotton ball with alcohol (it’s the last time, I swear), and gently wipe the area.
Voila, done. The pimple is gone.
If you’re dealing with more than one pimple, this won’t work. Check out this posts for my fave remedies against acne.
Now you know how to pop a pimple like a derm, tell me: have you been doing it the right way? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.