I don’t know if the elixir of eternal youth really exists, but if it does, Garden Of Wisdom Eternal Youth Elixir is definitely a contender.
This baby is packed to the brim with anti-aging actives that help you slow down premature aging and keep wrinkles off your face for that little big longer. Here’s how:
P.S. Don’t get scared by its tiny size. That’s just a PR sample. The full size has an airless pump dispenser and contains 1 ounce of serum.
Key Ingredients in Garden Of Wisdom Eternal Youth Elixir
Antioxidants To Prevent Wrinkles
Garden Of Wisdom Eternal Youth Elixir is packed with antioxidants. Here are the highlights:
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Known as “the universal antioxidant”, it reduces fine lines and wrinkles, improves skin smoothness, and boosts the effectiveness of other antioxidants.
- Green Tea Extract: An antioxidant with anti-inflammatory properties, it prevents collagen breakdown, protects skin from UV rays and pollution and soothes redness and irritations.
- Resveratrol: A powerful antioxidants that neutralises free radicals and prevents UVB-induced sun damage.
When it comes to antioxidants, your skin can’t get enough. The more, the merrier.
Related: Common Antioxidants Found In Skincare: Which Is One Is The Best?
Peptides To Boost Collagen
Peptides are all the rage now. Garden Of Wisdom Eternal Youth Elixir has two:
- Syn-Coll: Made up of Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 and Glycerine, it stimulate the skin’s natural mechanism to produce collagen.
- Matrixyl 3000: Made up of Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 and Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, it helps strengthen the skin’s protective barrier and stimulate the production of collagen.
I’m on the fence re peptides. On one hand, there’s not much proof they work. Most of the studies on peptides still come from the manufacturer. On the other hand, women who use them say it helps them firm skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
One thing’s for sure: peptides are the building blocks for amino acids, which are the building blocks for proteins. Collagen and elastin, the scaffolding that keeps your skin firm and elastic, are proteins.
Get where I’m going? Even if they’re not the miracle workers the manufacturer makes them out to be, they likely do something for the skin.
I don’t suggest you go out and splurge on an expensive serum just because it has peptides. But when you come across an anti-aging serum with proven actives like antioxidants that also happen to have peptides, why not? 😉
Related: Which Types Of Peptides Work Best To Repair Skin?
Ceramides To Strengthen The Skin’s Protective Barrier
Ceramides are part of the glue that holds your skin cells together. They literally waterproof skin and strengthen its protective barrier. This barrier has two jobs:
- It keeps moisture in, keeping skin hydrated
- It keeps bacteria, germs, pollutants, and all sort of nasty stuff out of the body, preventing infections and irritations
When this protective barrier stops working, your skin dries and withers like an old prune. Germs and bacteria get in and irritate your skin like crazy.
Making sure your protective barrier stays intact and healthy is a top priority, especially if you have dry skin. That’s when ceramides come in. They patch up any holes in your barrier, keeping it whole and strong.
P.S. Garden Of Wisdom Eternal Youth Elixir also has cholesterol, another building block of your skin’s protective barrier.
Related: Are Ceramides The Key To Healthy Skin?
Hyaluronic Acid To Hydrate Skin
Think of hyaluronic acid as a magnet. It attracts moisture to the air into the skin, helping to keep it hydrated. It’s so powerful, it can hold up to 1000 times its weight in water!
Your skin feasts with all that moisture. It plumps up fine lines and wrinkles so they look smaller. It softens the texture of your skin, so that it feels like that of a baby. It brightens the complexion and gives it a dewy glow.
Related: Why You Need Hyaluronic Acid In Your Skincare Routine, No Matter Your Skin Type
Niacinamide To… Well, Everything!
Niacinamide wins the award for the “Most Versatile Skincare Ingredient.”
I’m not exaggerating. Here are all the things science says this form of vitamin B3 can do:
- It hydrates skin: it’s more effective than petrolatum at preventing water loss
- It soothes skin: it alleviates the symptoms of rosacea and irritations
- It lightens skin: it reduces dark spots, blotchiness (redness) and sallowness (yellowing)
- It helps treat wrinkles: preliminary research shows it can boost the production of skin-firming collagen
- It treats acne: its effects are similar to those of 1% clindamycin gel
No matter your skin type, you can’t go wrong by adding it to your skincare routine.
Related: Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Niacinamide
Let’s Put It To The Test: Personal Use & Opinion
Orange in colour, Garden Of Wisdom Eternal Youth Elixir has a lightweight, almost gel-like texture that takes a minute or so to sink into the skin.
It does a great job at hydrating my skin. I use a moisturiser afterwards anyway, but since I’ve started using it I can see a difference in the texture of my skin. It’s softer to the touch and plumper. My crow’s feet are less noticeable now.
It also strengthens my skin’s protective barrier. The weather’s getting warmer now but here in London we still have cold windy days and the serum helps me withstand their assault. When I get home, my skin is still as soft as it was in the morning.
It’ll take way longer to see its anti-aging benefits. Antioxidants work by preventing damage so the fact my skin is still in top shape is a good sign!
If you’re ready to up your antiaging game or would like to add some hard-to-find antioxidants to your skincare routine (alpha lipoic acid, anyone?), this is well worth a try.
Available at: $73.60 at Garden Of Wisdom
Have you tried Garden Of Wisdom Eternal Youth Elixir? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Ingredients: Liposom Base (soy), Infusion of (Broccoli Sprouts, Grapeseeds, Green Tea), Hyaluronic Acid, Matrixyl 3000, Syn-Coll, Ceramides (blend of many), Niacinamide, Leucidal SF (Lactobacillus ferment), R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, Resveratrol, Super Oxide Dismutase