How do you deal with eczema-prone skin?
While all your friends are playing around with the newest anti-aging serums, you’re stuck with ugly medicinal creams that don’t always put out the fire in your skin.
Camille Knowles knows it first-hand. An eczema warrior herself, she’s tried everything to treat eczema once and for all. She’s tested both harsh steroid creams and gentler natural herbs, survived on a juice diet for months and even went bathing in the salty waters of the Dead Sea.
It took a lot of trial, error and positive thinking, but in the end Camille managed to crack the eczema code and clear up her skin. Now she’s made it her business (literally!) to help other eczema suffers do the same.
Camille is the author of The Beauty Of Eczema, a self-help book where she shares her HOPE principles to deal with eczema, and The Positive Scribes Journal, a healing journal that makes it a breeze to follow her recommendations.
In this interview, Camille shares her skincare routine and tips to keep eczema under control:
1. When did you become interested in skincare?
Growing up I have always been fascinated by skincare. My mum was a beautician, so I watched her use all her products and she would teach me from a young age how to ‘cleanse’, ‘tone’ and ‘moisturise’. For as long as I can remember I have been interested in skincare and my dream is to have my own range.
2. What’s your skincare routine like?
My skincare routine differs from when my skin is glowing to when I am having a flare up. When my skin is glowing, as always, I cleanse, tone, and moisturise, with all-natural products head to toe. I soak in salt baths and use more naturally scented products. When I am flaring I use treatment creams such as ‘hopes relief rescue cream’, coat my whole body in castor oil as a treatment before laying in the salt bath and opt for more none scented products.
3. If you could only use three skincare products for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- Hopes relief moisturiser
- My homemade multi-purpose serum
- Dead sea bath salts
4. What are your fave skincare brands and why?
- Weleda , I have been using their products for years, they are beautifully packaged, smell great and are affordable.
- Hopes relief, not the prettiest of packaging but the products soothe me during the harder skin days.
- Pacifica, stunning packaging, gorgeous tropical smells, although this is use more on my ‘good skin days.’
5. What are your top 3 skincare tips to take care of your skin?
- Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise, head to toe, morning and night, with a quality natural product.
- Manage your stress, your skin is a reflection of your mind
- Eat well, nourish yourself with foods you thrive on. I personally thrive on plant-based foods.
6. What skincare treatments do you regularly have done?
Natural facials, IV drips, massages to ease the stress.
7. What lifestyle habits do you have that keep your skin in top shape?
My H.O.P.E principles. I make sure I get enough beauty sleep, I meditate to foster a positive mind-set, I pamper head to toe with moisturiser daily, I exercise to get my lymphatic system going and to release endorphins and I nourish self with fresh, organic, plant-based food.
8. What’s in your makeup bag?
- Arbonne CC cream – My number one makeup product.
- Inika Base powder and Bronzer
- Pacifica highlighter
- Bare minerals eyebrow pencil
- Arbonne Mascara
- Bare minerals lip-gloss
- Burt’s Bees Honey Lip balm
Thank you, Camille!