This may sound weird but… I love cleansing my skin with oils.
I know what you’re thinking: Oils?! Don’t they turn your skin into a greasy mess and invite pimples to party on your face?
Not when done right. There’s nothing like a good oil cleanser to remove all makeup and impurities from your skin quickly.
Plus, it’s a time-saver. Oils double up as moisturisers too. 😉
My new crush is Mad Hippie Cleansing Oil. Here’s why:
Key Ingredients In Mad Hippie Cleansing Oil
Oil cleansing works thanks to the “like attracts like” principle: the oils in your cleanser attach to the oils in your makeup, sunscreen and anything else that’s on your skin, taking them on a journey down the drain.
The main oils in Mad Hippie Cleansing Oil are:
- Safflower seed oil: high in linoleic acid, a fatty acid with moisturising and anti-inflammatory properties. It makes skin soft and smooth, reduces irritations and even helps treat acne.
- Squalane: very similar to human sebum, it’s very moisturising, fast-absorbing and non-comedogenic. It’s safe for fungal acne, too.
- Rosehip oil: a natural source of retinol, it helps moisturize skin, fights wrinkles and reduce acne.
- Pumpking seed oil: rich in antioxidants and zinc, it moisturises skin and helps prevent wrinkles.
- Oat kernel oil: a soothing oils that calms down redness and irritation.
Thanks to their superpowers, these oils cleanse and moisturise skin at the same time. Chances are, you may even not need a moisturiser afterwards!
Related: What’s The Oil Cleansing Method And Why Should You Use It?
How To Use Mad Hippie Cleansing Oil
For me, using Mad Hippie Cleansing Oil is a pampering treat every time. Here’s the ritual:
- Gently massage a generous amount of oil into your skin for one minute.
- Drape a warm, wet washcloth over your face and let it cool down.
- Lightly pass the washcloth over your skin, gently wiping away dirt, makeup and excess oil.
It takes only a couple of minutes and it’s so relaxing.
Let’s Put It To The Test: Personal Use & Opinion
Mad Hippie Cleansing Oil IS an oil, so it does feel a little greasy when you first massage it into your skin. But it’s very light and doesn’t make you look like you’ve just dipped your head into a frying pan.
When I wipe it off with a washcloth, my makeup comes off easily. Just a couple of swipes and my skin’s rid of all the excess oil, impurities, foundation and everything else I have on.
You can use this oil as the first step of double cleansing but I don’t. No need to. It doesn’t leave any greasy film or oily sheen on my skin.
I don’t even need to use a moisturiser. After I wipe it off, my skin feels so soft and smooth. Mind you, if your skin is dry you may still need one. But if you’ve got normal or oily skin and love a minimalistic routine, Mad Hippie Cleansing Oil can do double duty.
Did I tell you it smells heavenly too? Think pumping pie served with freshly squeezed orange juice. Who else is hungry now?
Related: Do You Need To Double Cleanse?
Available at: $17.99 at Mad Hippie
SHOP MY MAD HIPPIE FAVE PRODUCTS
Ingredients: Organic Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil (High Linoleic), Squalane (vegan), Organic Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Organic Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil, Tocopherol, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Extract, Steam Distilled Citrus Aurantifolia Extract