Dr Deanne Mraz Robinson lives and breathes skincare.
In addition to her own practice in Connecticut, she’s an investigator in several research trials, serves on the advisor board of leading skincare brands like Allergan, and writes for a bunch of medical journals and women’s magazines, including Allure and Vogue.
Like that weren’t enough, she’s also a busy mom to her four kids, aged 12 to 2. With so little time on her hands, Dr Deanne is an expert on skincare hacks that help new mums save some precious time in their morning without compromising results.
But what does she uses on her own skin? In this interview, Dr Deanne shares her own skincare routines and top tips for brighter, younger-looking skin:
1. When did you become interested in skincare?
I went into Medical School thinking I’d go into pediatrics. I actually spent a year of internship in pediatrics, but the more I was learning about medicine in general, the more dermatology piqued my interest.
2. What’s your skincare routine like?
In the morning I use a gentle cleanser, the ISDIN Micellar Solution is perfect for this. It’s a great way to start the day fresh without stripping the skin of its natural oils. I follow that with my PURE BioDerm Antioxidant Super Serum, then Alastin Restorative Skin Complex and finally on top I finish with IT Cosmetics Better than Foundation BB Cream with SPF 50.
3. If you could only use three skincare products for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Alastin restorative complex, purebio super antioxidant and obviously, SPF. With these three, I could survive anything.
4. What are your fave skincare brands and why?
- ISDIN – trailblazers in skincare, ISDIN is creating innovative products that tap new ingredients and technologies.
- Alastin- they are the perfect marriage of science and clinical expertise. Their products are made to enhance procedures and maintain results, something I am passionate about.
5. What are your top 3 skincare tips to take care of your skin?
- Prevention – Broad Spectrum SPF 30 every day!
- Repair – Antioxidants and peptides
- Rejuvenate – Retinol to keep a high cadence of skin cell turnover
6. What skincare treatments do you regularly have done?
I love the PicoSure laser for rejuvenation. For me, it is the perfect balance of little to no down time with collagen building capability. I love the HydraFacial and do this regularly. I’m not shy when it comes to botox and fillers either.
7. What lifestyle habits do you have that keep your skin in top shape?
SPF all day, everyday! I am dedicated to this habit and have created the same habit for my kids.
8. What’s in your makeup bag?
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation (SPF 50+). ISDIN Skin Drops for adjustable amount of coverage – I mix these with my face lotion or even body lotion for a tint .VMV Hypoallergenics Lip Gloss – hydrating and clean Beauty.
Thank you, Dr Deanne!
Don’t forget to check out Dr Deanne’s website, Modern Derm Ct. You can also keep up with her on Instagram and Facebook.