Dermatologist Anna Guanche is a Super Doctor. Literally. She’s been voted Los Angeles Magazine Super Doctor by her peers for 6 years consecutively. Impressive, isn’t it?
Based in Kalabasas, Dr Guanche has made a name for herself by taking the pain out of beauty. Her speciality are cosmetic procedures that give you the best results with minimal down-time and pain. Sign me up, pronto!
In this interview, Dr Guanche shares the cosmetic procedures she regularly gets done, her skincare routine and top tips for healthy, younger-looking skin:
1. When did you become interested in skincare?
I became interested in skin care during my dermatology residency. I read a book by Dr. Zoe Draelos that explained the active ingredients in various topical anti aging creams.
2. What’s your skincare routine like?
I take collagen powder and multiple supplements, wash with a gentle cleanser and apply Restorsea PRO, Elta 46 tinted and Alastin SPF on every morning under my makeup.
I love Colorescience total eye for around my eyes and Alastin Restorative Neck for my neck and décolletage. I just started using Zo skin polish pads once a day before all of that and I love it!
At night I wash my face with a gentle cleanser after using micellar water to fully remove my eye makeup. Then I apply Retin A to my face and alternate between IS Youth Creme and SMD snail serum to seal it in. Some of this changes sometimes and I use the GG finishing mask frequently to seal in moisture.
3. If you could only use three skincare products for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Sunscreen. Retin A. Glycolic cream.
4. What are your fave skincare brands and why?
I love Alastin, SkinCeuticals, IS Clinical, Colorescience, Epionce and Avene. Each line has products that are perfect for various skin types, so we tailor regimens by mixing and matching products that are optimal for each individual.
5. What are your top 3 skincare tips to take care of your skin?
- Wash all of your makeup off completely every night.
- Apply sunscreen every single day even if you don’t plan to go outdoors.
- Use skin care on your neck, chest and hands as well as your face.
6. What skincare treatments do you regularly have done?
I do a Jessner’s peel and a VBeam laser treatment on myself once monthly.
7. What lifestyle habits do you have that keep your skin in top shape?
Definitely sun avoidance, lots of supplements, yoga and Pilates, meditation, consistent skin care, drinking plenty of water and low carb diet.
8. What’s in your makeup bag?
My makeup bag is huge and has Chanel base and powder, MAC eyeshadows, Charlotte tilbury lipliner, Lucy and Co lip plumper, GrandeLips lip plumper, Manga mascara, Laura Mercier shimmer block and a contouring palette by Too Faced– highlighter by Jouer… and on and on.
Thank you, Dr Guanche!
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.