Are you struggling to find the right eye makeup remover?
If it’s too gentle, it won’t take off anything – unless you tug and pull for 10 minutes. If it’s too harsh, it stings up real bad. And if you go down the oil route, you get a blurred vision for a couple of minutes.
What’s a girl to do, give up mascara?! I don’t know about you, but I’m not ready for that.
Instead, I’ve done the hard work for you. I’ve tried plenty over the years, and been disappointed more times than I can count. But in the end, I’ve managed to find a few gems.
Here they are, they best eye makeup remover for your every need:
- 1. Best Multi-Tasking Eye Makeup Remover: Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes, & Lips ($19.50)
- 2. Best Eye Makeup Remover For Sensitive Skin: Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover ($16.000
- 3. Best Eye Makeup Remover For Dry Skin: Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Lotion Hydrating ($8.99)
- 4. Best Eye Makeup Remover On A Buget: L’Oreal Clean Artiste Waterproof & Long Wearing Eye Makeup Remover ($6.99)
- 5. Jojoba Oil
1. Best Multi-Tasking Eye Makeup Remover: Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes, & Lips ($19.50)
Can’t be bothered to use a makeup remover for your eyes and another for your lips? Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips got you covered. This dual-phase remover takes off both longwearing lipsticks and waterproof mascaras in just a couple of swipes. Yet, it’s very gentle on the skin and does’t irritate your eyes.
Available at: Feel Unique, Look Fantastic, Sephora, Nordstrom, and Ulta
2. Best Eye Makeup Remover For Sensitive Skin: Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover ($16.000
Paula’s Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover can be used all over the face, eyes included. I don’t know about you, but I love to use just one product and be done with it. What makes this one special is the inclusion of soothing ingredients, like Aloe vera and allantoin. They soothe your skin as the makeup remover takes every last trace of long wearing foundation, and waterproof makeup off your skin.
Available at: Dermstore, Nordstrom, and Paula’s Choice
Related: The Complete Guide To Aloe Vera In Skincare: Can It Soothe Irritations, Hydrate Skin And Treat Stretch Marks?
Want to get the most out of your skincare products? Click on the image below to subscribe to my newsletter and receive the “How To Combine Actives Like A Pro” cheatsheet.
3. Best Eye Makeup Remover For Dry Skin: Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Lotion Hydrating ($8.99)
If you prefer an eye makeup remover in lotion form that hydrates skin while it removes makeup, get your hands on Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover Lotion Hydrating. True to its name, it removes even stubborn waterproof makeup while leaving your skin softer and hydrated. There’s not much else to say. It works.
Available at: Ulta
4. Best Eye Makeup Remover On A Buget: L’Oreal Clean Artiste Waterproof & Long Wearing Eye Makeup Remover ($6.99)
One of the cheapest eye makeup removers at the drugstore, L’Oreal Clean Artiste Waterproof & Long Wearing Eye Makeup Remover is as effective as it’s gentle. Free of fragrance and other irritants, it removes all traces of makeup (including waterproof mascaras) without irritating the delicate eye area.
Available at: Target and Ulta
5. Jojoba Oil
Want to keep your skincare routine as natural as possible? Cleanse with oils. Oils work because like attracts like. Natural oils attach to the oils in your makeup, melting them away. You can use almost any oils for this, but Jojoba is my fave. Why? For starters, it has a lightweight texture that doesn’t leave a greasy mess everywhere. It doesn’t have a strong scent that may irritate the eye area. And it takes everything off.
Available at: Your local health food shops.
Related: What’s The Oil Cleansing Method And Should You Use It?
What’s your favourite eye-makeup remover? Share her picks in the comments below.