Interested in writing for Beautiful with Brains and connect with a community of skincare fanatics?
We are currently accepting guest posts from fellow bloggers, readers and skincare experts (absolutely NO copywriters!).
Beautiful with Brains focuses on the science of skincare. We cover various topics, including product reviews, ingredient spotlights, DIY beauty, skincare hacks and much more. Familiarize yourself with our content and, if you’ve got an idea you think the BWB community will like, we’d love to see it!
What To Write About
- DYI beauty: got a skincare recipe you want to share with us? Don’t forget to mention all the tools you’re using, how often you need to make a new batch… We want to know about the chemistry part too!
- Ingredient spotlight: want to introduce us to a wonderful new ingredient or warn us about a nasty one? Just base your article on scientific facts, not scaremongering.
- Skincare hacks: share with us the best skincare tips that helped you improve your skin.
- Skincare myths: spread the truth about beauty myths that need to die.
- Skincare product reviews: got a fave product you can’t stop raving about? Did you try a cult fave that didn’t work for you? Either way, we want to know!
- Skincare routines: tell us how your current skincare routine helped transform your skin and deal with acne/eczema/oiliness/dryness…
- Or any related topic about the science of skincare.
- Author bio: write a short bio about yourself to be included at the bottom of the article. You will receive 1 direct link to your website and up to 3 links to social media.
- Be original: 100% original content only, not published anywhere else (including your own blog).
- Editing: once your article is accepted, we are free to edit it, including changing the title and linking internally to our own site.
- Length: 800-1500 words, optimised for humans and SEO.
- Links: you can link to 1 post on your blog/website. Choose wisely! All other links (apart from sources – see below – will be removed).
- No scaremongering: if you believe all chemicals are bad, this isn’t the place for you. Please, base your articles on scientific facts, not fear.
- Photos: having your own original photos is a huge plus, but not required.
- Sources: if you claim that a certain ingredient is good/bad or cite a scientific study, include a link to the source. Use links to peer-reviewed scientific papers, academic journals, and/or credible news outlets (NO EWG!!!!).
- Tone: write in a conversational, friendly tone (science doesn’t need to be boring!).
HOW TO PITCH
Got an idea you think you will be a good fit for Beautiful with Brains? Send an email to gio[at]beautifulwithbrains[dot]com with your pitch.
Subject line: “Pitch: [Title of your article]”
Body of the email: Please include:
- A brief outline of your idea
- A small bio about yourself
- Links to your portfolio or any published work (if relevant)
Any submissions that do not meet these requirements will be ignored.
All good? Can’t wait to hear from you!
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.