I love wearing red and yellow eyeshadows in autumn. This combination may seem too bold and difficult to pull off to most people, but it doesn’t have to be. Just a touch of red on the outer corner gives a fiery touch to any look without being over the top, and matte shades help to keep the look suitable for daytime. Especially if, unlike me, you opt for soft rather than bold hues.
Here’s how you can achieve this look:
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Sleek Makeup I-Divine Storm Eyeshadow Palette
– Sleek Circus Makeup I-Divine Palette
– Milani Liquid Eye in Brown
– Pupa Vamp! Mascara in Chocolate Brown
– Dior Diorskin Nude Foundation
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
– Sleek Makeup Blush in Suede
– Chanel Rouge Allure Lacque in Dragon
1. To prevent creasing and fading, and make the colours pop, apply an eyeshadow primer. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
2. Pat a dark gold shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Storm Eyeshadow Palette) on the inner part of the lid.
3. Apply a bright matte yellow shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Circus Eyeshadow Palette) on the middle part of the lid. Blend where it meets with the gold.
4. Pat a bright matte pinkish purple shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Circus Eyeshadow Palette) on the outer part of the lid. Blend where it meets with the yellow.
5. Apply what’s left on the brush first on the crease and then on the lower lashline.
6. With a pencil brush, apply a medium, matte red shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Circus Eyeshadow Palette) on the outer V. Blend well.
7. Sweep a pale gold shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Storm Eyeshadow Palette) on the browbone to highlight.
8. Line your upper lashline with a dark and intense pencil or liquid brown eyeliner (I used Milani Liquid Eye in Brown, a pencil that provides that beautiful liquid look).
9. Add volume and length to your lashes with a brown mascara (I used Pupa Vamp! Mascara in Chocolate Brown)
FACE & LIPS
1. Apply foundation all over your face and concealer where needed. I used it only to hide my dark circles.
2 Apply your favourite bronzer to your cheeks (I used Sleek Makeup Blush in Suede, which doubles up as a lovely matte bronzer for pale skintones).
3. Apply a shiny, rich true red lippie (I used Chanel Rouge Allure Lacque in Dragon) on your lips.
What do you think of this look?
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.