on Monday I blogged about the best beauty products I’ve tried this year. But not all products I’ve tried in 2011 were good. I’ve also come across a few that just didn’t work for me or didn’t keep their promises. I know that some of you may disagree with me so if you had a better experience with these products, let me know in the comments. So, what products didn’t I like this year?
1. Sally Hansen No More Mistakes Manicure Clean-up Pen: although the tip allows you to remove nail polish near the nail bed, the solution dries up fast and, already from the second use, you’ll find that correcting any mistakes you may make while painting your nails becomes harder and harder. Like that wasn’t enough, the tips break off easily too.
2. Deborah Bioetyc Clean Skin Eye Make-Up Remover: it’s a makeup remover that doesn’t remove anything bar the most minimal makeup. Do I need to say more?
3. I Provenzali Olio Di Semi Di Lino (Lindseed Oil): I don’t think this is a bad product, but I had to include it because I personally can’t bring myself to use it. This oil can be used as a mask before shampoo, on wet hair to nourish it and make it soft, and on dry locks to give them volume and shine. But it has such a horrible scent that makes the product unusable. What’s the point of having beautiful hair if it stinks?!
4. Layla Brilliant Due Top Coat: it has a dense consistency that makes application difficult and chips badly in just a couple of days. But, when you want to take it off, it won’t budge unless you have a strong, acetone based remover!
5. Layla Glitter in Eyeshadow: Layla products are famous for being very pigmented so I was very disappointed to find that these eyeshadows are on the sheer side. In addition, they crease horribly even with a primer and because of the glitters, they are quite hard to remove.
6. I Provenzali Balsamo Labbra Vegetale all’Olio di Argan: it really saddens me to have to mention another I Provenzali product because I really love the brand but it seemed I didn’t have much luck with it this year. This lip balm has a grainy texture that doesn’t apply smoothly and makes my lips dry!
What were the worst products you’ve tried this year?
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.