So, yesterday I shared with you the staples and gems I’ve discovered this year. But not every product I tried was amazing. Lots of stuff was average. And some was just downright bad. 🙁
Curious to know what ended up in the trash? Here are my worst beauty products of 2015:
1. Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate: this is a pre-serum. What’s that? A marketing gimmick. What does it do? Nothing. Seriously, nothing. Save your money.
2. Pantene Smooth & Sleek 2 in 1 Shampoo & Conditioner: can you believe this still contains sodium lauryl sulfate, the harshest cleansing agent used in cosmetics? No wonder it dried my hair like straw! Don’t be evil, Pantene. Update your formulas! The sooner, the better.
3. L’Oreal Paris Gentle Makeup Remover Eyes: this is so gentle it removes nothing. So, you have to tug, and tug, and tug some more, hoping to get that eyeliner off, which just irritates the eye area. Totally defeats the purpose, doesn’t it?
4. Benefit It’s Potent! Eye Cream: I don’t know why this is called “potent” since it doesn’t contain retinol, glycolic acid, antioxidants, or any of the other goodies that actually benefit skin. But it’s loaded with alcohol. Go figure what the formulators were thinking…
5. Avon Clearskin Blemish Pads: good news: this can help get rid of pimples within a couple of days. Bad news #1: they pads contain alcohol, which isn’t good for skin. Bad news #2: packaging isn’t practical. Leave it open too long, and those pads will dry out. An alcohol-free gel would have been so much better.
6. Little Ondine Nail Polish: I wouldn’t say these nail polishes are bad. They’re sort of disposable, wear-it-today-and-remove-it-tomorrow nail polishes. They’re peelable and dry in seconds, but chip after a day. Sometimes, within a day. So, I’m not a fan. I can’t be bothered to change nail polish so often, even when it’s so easy. Yep, I’m that lazy.
7. Maria Galland Silky Soft Lotion: honestly, I had totally forgotten about this, until I dived into the archives to look for this year’s dud. This is how unremarkable this is. It did absolutely nothing for me. Might as well have used just water.
What products you tried this year didn’t work for you?
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.