“Learn to love yourself,” they say, “and everything else will fall into place.” But how the heck do we do that? We can’t just spin around, three times chanting “I love myself, I love myself, I love myself,” and voilà, we now think we’re the most awesome people in the world. It doesn’t work like that.
There is no magic formula. Just self-care. And listening to our intuition. And helping others. And lots and lots of practice.
To get you started, I’ve compiled 20 super easy ways to love yourself more right now. Pick one or two, those that resonate with you the most, and do them today.
Then, do a couple more tomorrow. And a few more the day after. You’ll be surprised by how happier you’ll feel!
2. Pour your favourite essential oils in your bathtub and enjoy a relaxing warm bath.
3. Listen to your body. It always tells you what it needs.
4. Sip a cup of tea while reading your favourite novel.
5. Say no things you’re not interested in doing.
6. Shut down your computer. And your phone. And your TV. Take a break from technology for a day (or even just a few hours).
7. Do something nice for someone else.
8. Put on your favourite music and dance like no one’s watching. Sing your heart out too.
9. Tell people what you want. They can’t read your mind.
11. Get a massage.
12. Try something new. Cook something you’ve never tried before. Sign up for a new class. Wear that lipstick shade that scares you. Just shake things up a bit.
14. Rock that red lipstick, baby!
15. Go to bed early, or take a nap. Your body deserves a rest.
16. Stop complaining. Instead, ask yourself, “What action can I take to solve this problem?”.
17. Stock up on healthy snacks. They taste good, and make your body and mind feel good too.
19. Treat yourself to something special, like that new pink blush, or lunch at your favourite restaurant.
20.Wallow in your feelings. It’s the only way to release them.
How do you slip some love into your life?
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.