it’s that time of the week again. Yep, time for some random ramblings. Here we go:
1. Clarins Rouge Eclat Face Palette: this gorgeous palette features beige, peach and pink shades to give the complexion a matte yet radiant glow.
2. Serge Lutens La Fille De Berlin: inspired by Marlene Dietrich, this rich oriental floral fragrance features notes of rose and pepper. It can be worn by men too.
3. Burberry London Lyegreen Lace Biker Jacket: I’m usually not a big fan of biker jackets, but this one is made of lace, which I adore, and the colour is very pretty. It’s very chic in a casual sort of way, don’t you think?
4. Green People Body Butter: enriched with coconut oil, sunflower oil and jojoba oil, this rich body butter nourishes dry and thirsty skin.
5. Modcloth Proudly Posh Pump in Mint: how cute and whimsical are these shoes? Mint and pink, they feature a painted detailed peacock feather in shades of turquoise and plum. Did I ever mention how much I love feathers?
6. Max Factor Colour Elixir Giant Pen Sticks: these affordable chubby pencils provide a sheer wash of colour to the lips.
7. Along Came Betty Fix Me Quick: a primer that promises to mattify your skin instantly. And isn’t the retro style packaging very pretty?
What I’m Reading Now
The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie. This is one of the best detective stories Agatha Christie has ever written. Mrs Ferrars, who is rumoured to have poisoned her husband, commits suicide. Soon, the man she was supposed to marry, Roger Ackroyd, is murdered too. Suspects abound. Everyone seems to have a reason for wanting him dead, but finding out who the culprit is isn’t easy. Poirot, together with the village doctor, Dr Sheppard, investigates. The story is full of red herrings, twists and turns, the characters are all well-drawn and mostly likable, and the end will completely take you by surprise. This book is actually very controversial because of the twist the author used at the end. I can’t reveal it without saying who the culprit is, but it is genius. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I definitely recommend it to all fans of the genre.
Hair Romance shares a tutorial for a beautiful bow braids hairstyle.
Lab Muffin shows us how to create a glitter gradient on the nails using a cotton bud.
The Beauty Brains explains what NMF (Natural Moisturizing Factor) is.
Perfume Shrine rants about the undeserved bad reputation some perfume ingredients are gaining.
Vivianna Does Makeup shares London’s beauty landmarks.
Sunday Survey, Vol.147
Today’s Sunday Survey is another tag. The Versatile Blogger Award to be precise. The lovely Chicmum tagged me to share 7 things about me. Thank you for tagging me! Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Select 15 new blog/bloggers you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those bloggers for a Versatile Blogger Award, leave a link to their page and a comment on their latest post to let them know they’ve been nominated.
5. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Here we go:
1. When I was growing up I wanted to be a teacher.
2. I spend way too much time browsing online clothing shops.
3. I love musicals.
4. Tartan is my favourite pattern.
5. I can’t whistle.
6. I hate snow.
7. I am obsessed with Marie Antoinette and the eighteenth century.
I tag everyone who wants to do this fun tag!
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.