and welcome to another week of random ramblings. Here we go:
Deodomom Giveaway Reminder
There are still a few hours left to enter my Deodomom giveaway. Deodomom is an all-natural, aluminium-free deodorant that actually works! It is available in two forms: jar and roll-on. Interested? Then click here, to enter the giveaway!
What I’m Reading Now
The seven dials mystery by Agatha Christie. As much as I love Agatha Christie, I can’t help but wish she had stuck to detective stories. Spy novels like this so weren’t her forte. Lord and Lady Coote are hosting a weekend party at their estate when one of their guests dies in his sleep. At first, it seems an unfortunate accident, but when a friend of the victim is murdered too, it’s clear that someone wanted them dead. And a strange organization called Seven Dials seems to have something to do with it. While the story is, as usual, well-written, it is way too easy to figure out who the culprit is and how the crimes were committed, which obviously spoils the book. Overall, it’s an enjoyable, but not really a memorable novel.
Phyrra shares some useful tips on how to take care of brightly colored hair.
British Beauty Blogger gives some helpful tips to new bloggers.
Future Derm has found a dupe for Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Matte Foundation SPF 20.
Hair Romance explains how to curl short fine hair.
Labmuffin explains what microplastics are and why you should be concerned about them.
Deals Of The Week
Sunday Survey, Vol.146
This week’s questionnaire is a tag! I was tagged by the lovely Katie of Ooh To Feel Pretty (thank you!) to do the procrastinating beauty blogger tag. This is very fitting as I am a born procrastinator lol. Here are the rules:
1. Thank the tagger and link them in the post.
2. State that this tag was created by The Beau Bow (www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com).
3. Copy and paste the rules.
4. Tag some more beauty bloggers and link them to the post.
5. Title this The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger Post so bloggers know what the post is about.
6. Have fun! 🙂
1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do.
I don’t really do much to my eyebrows. I pluck the occasional stray hair and that’s it. I like how my eyebrows look so I don’t really feel the need to do anything to them. It’s only when I have a special occasion to go to that I take the time to fill them in and groom them properly.
2. Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly?
I do it about twice a month…
3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
Only one or two days. I can’t stand chipped nail polish.
4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty or nail polish product even if you need it (i.e. purchasing a new top coat, foundation etc)?
It depends on the products. I replace skincare products and foundation pretty much straight away. Everything else can wait.
5. What is your worst beauty habit?
I’m very anal about washing my hands. Whenever I touch something, I feel the need to wash them. I’m trying to keep this habit under control, and I now wash them a lot less than I did even just a couple of years ago, but still more than I should and, as a result, they are always dry and dehydrated. Thank goodness for hand creams! I couldn’t live without them.
6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?
Everything. As I’ve already mentioned, I’m a born procrastinator.
7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready until the last minute or not?
Not really. I start at least 2 hours earlier, just to be on the safe side. I hate not being on time. Unless I have to go to the baker’s or things like that, then it just takes me about 5/10 minutes to get ready.
8. Can you commit to spending bans?
Nope. I’ve tried and failed miserably. 😳
9. How organised is your makeup and nail collection?
Each type of product is in a different drawer (ie one for palettes, another for lip products etc). But all the products are thrown in there at random and it can take a while to find what I’m looking for. I have to come with a better solution, but I just keep procrastinating.. ahem…
10. What is the longest amount of time you have gone without writing a blog post?
A couple of days? But I still do blogging-related activities such as taking photos, or replying to comments etc. I can’t stay away from here. 😉
It’s your turn now! I tag everyone who wants to do this!
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.