here’s a purple and gold look I did a few days ago. I had run out of foundation and had no time to go and buy a new one (haven’t yet lol), so I thought I’d mix my day moisturizer (Olay Total Effect cream) with Stila Tinted Moisturizer in n.1, which is too dark for my pale skin when used on its own. I obviously didn’t expect a lot of coverage as tinted moisturizers are already very sheer and mixing them with a moisturizer will sheer them out even more but my skin doesn’t need that much coverage anyway. I just wanted something to even the skintone and this did it.
But the experiment was still a big failure as the mixture ended up to make my face quite shiny so I dusted some oil-control powder over my face, which helped a lot, and skipped the highlighter as I really didn’t need it. In the end, it probably would have been better if I had just used concealer alone when needed lol, but oh well, you never know how things will turn out unless you try, right? 😉 Without further ado, here’s the look:
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette in Extravagant Gold
– Sleek Curious eyeshadow palette
– Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24H in Black
– Eyeko Big Eyes Mascara
– Olay Total Effect Moisturizer mixed with Stila Tinted Moisturizer in n.1
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
– NYC Blushable Creme Stick in Big Apple Blush
– Fyrinnae Finishing Powder Oil Control
– Senna Pearl Glow Lip Lacquer in Sunkiss
– Start by applying an eyeshadow primer to your eyes (I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance) to help makeup stay put all day and improve the color payoff of the eyeshadows.
– Apply a teal shade (I used the one in the Sleek Curious palette) on the inner parts of the lid and crease. Be careful not to apply it to the tear duct.
– Apply a dark brownish purple shade (I used the one in the Sleek Curious palette) on the outer V and bring it all the way into the crease.
– Sweep a nude shade (I used the one in the Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette in Extravagant Gold) on the browbone.
– Apply a lilac shade (I used the one in the Sleek Curious palette) on the middle of the lid and blend.
– Apply a gold shade (I used the one in the Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette in Extravagant Gold) on the tear duct and the lower lashline.
– Sweep a copperish brown shade (I used the one in the Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette in Extravagant Gold) on the lower lashline and blend where it meets with the gold.
– Line your upper lashline with a black gel liner (I used Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24H in Black) and apply mascara.
– I mixed my day moisturizer (Olay Total Effect moisturizer) with Stila Tinted Moisturizer in n.1 and applied the mixture on my face. Then, I applied concealer (I used Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain) to cover dark circles or any other imperfection you may have.
– Sweep a pink blush (I used NYC Blushable Creme Stick in Big Apple Blush) and apply powder all over your face to set your makeup.
– Sweep a pale pink gloss (I used Senna Pearl Glow Lip Lacquer in Sunkiss) on the lips.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.