I love red eyeshadow. It’s edgy. It’s fierce. It’s bold. But if you get it wrong (and it is SO easy to get it wrong), you’re gonna look sick and just awful. If you’ve never used it before, pick a sheer but buildable shade (like the one in the Sleek Makeup Circus palette) that will easily allow you to control just how much product you apply. If you use too little, you can always add more, but to fix the opposite problem is much harder!
Here’s a wearable way to rock red eyeshadow. I hope you like it, and don’t forget to let me know in the comments what you think of this shade and how you wear it.
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– NYX Bronze Smokey Look Kit
– Sleek Circus I-Divine Palette
– Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Electric
– Senna Voluptulash Mascara
– YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
– Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flushed
– Michael Todd Creme Lipstick in Pumpkin
1. Apply an eyeshadow base all over your lid to help your makeup last longer. Then, pat a soft brown shade (I used the one in the NYX Bronze Smokey Look Kit) on the lid.
2. Sweep a matte red shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Circus Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease.
3. Highlight the browbone with a soft and shimmery gold shade (I used the one in the NYX Bronze Smokey Look Kit).
4. Line your waterline with a bright blue pencil eyeliner (I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Electric).
5. With a pencil brush, apply a matte and bright sky blue shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Circus Eyeshadow Palette) on the lower lashline.
6. Apply mascara.
FACE & LIPS
1. Apply foundation and concealer where needed.
2. Sweep a sheer but bright blue based pink blush (I used Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flushed) on the apples of your cheeks.
3. Apply a bright orangey coral lipstick shade (I used Michael Todd Creme Lipstick in Pumpkin) on your lips.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.