Blue eyeshadows are beautiful, but they can be hard to wear without looking crazy or weird. Here’s a wearable way to rock them. Of course, you can use this technique with any other bright colour you want. It will provide a pop of colour to your look that’s not, however, over-the-top.
Unfortunately, I didn’t have the time to take step-by-step photos, but I hope you will enjoy this look anyway. And if you have any other tips on how to rock blue eyeshadows, share them in the comments!
Without further ado, here are the products I used:
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette in Extravagant Gold
– Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Binge
– Layla Sparkle Eyeshadow in n.13
– Senna Voluptulash Mascara
– YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
– Benefit Coralista Blush
– Senna Lip Lacquer in Blush Wine
1. Prep your eyelids with a good eyeshadow base. My favourite is too Faced Shadow Insurance. It will ensure that your makeup will stay put for hours.
2. Pat a gold shade (I used the one in the Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette in Extravagant Gold) on your lids.
3. Apply a soft coppery brown shade (I used the one in the Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette in Extravagant Gold) on the inner and other parts of your lids. Blend out the edges gently.
4. Sweep a medium brown shade (I used the one in the Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette in Extravagant Gold) on your crease. Blend.
5. Highlight your browbone with a pearly cream beige shade (I used the one in the Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Palette in Extravagant Gold).
6. Line your upper lashline and your waterline with a dark blue pencil eyeliner (I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Binge). Apply it on your lower lashline as well. It will help the eyeshadow we’ll be applying next stay put.
7. Sweep a bright, medium blue eyeshadow shade (I used Layla Sparkle Eyeshadow in n.13) on your lower lashline.
8. Apply mascara.
FACE & LIPS
1. Apply foundation and concealer.
2. Sweep a coral blush (I used Benefit Coralista Blush) on the apples of your cheeks.
3. Apply a shimmery and semi-opaque rose lipgloss shade with peachy undertones (I used Senna Lip Lacquer in Blush Wine) on your lips.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.