if you follow me on twitter, you’ll know that a few days ago I mentioned a look I did with red and green eyeshadows. And finally, here are the photos of the look! I’m sorry it took me a while to post them, I’m so lazy when it comes to cropping photos. It’s the only part of blogging I find really boring lol.
But back to the look. I was just playing around with my makeup, as you do, and I decided to see what I could do with the red shadow in the Sleek Circus palette. Red is not an easy color to pull off, but I like how this look came out. I think it is very festive and perfect to wear during the upcoming Christmas holidays. What do you think?
– NYX Eyeshadow Base in White
– Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
– Sleek I-Divine Circus Palette (red and lime green)
– Sleek I-Divine Chaos Eyeshadow Palette (dark olive green)
– Sleek I-Divine Storm Eyeshadow Palette
– Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24h in black
– Layla Lash Art mascara in black
– YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain
– Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Candy
– Senna Spot Lites Highlighting Pencil and highlight the cheekbones, middle of the nose and chin with a subtle champagne highlighter (I used Senna Spot Lites Highlighting Pencil).
– Senna Pearl Glow Lip Lacquer in Pearl Glow
– Apply an eyeshadow primer (I used NYX Eyeshadow Base in White) all over your lid. The white will make the colors pop more than a nude base and help the shade last longer.
– Apply Fyrinnae’s Pixie Epoxy (if you don’t have, you can skip this step) on the lid to make the colors really pop.
– Apply a red eyeshadow (I used the one in the Sleek Circus palette) in the middle of the lid.
– Pat a lime, yellowish green (I used the one in the Sleek Circus palette) on the inner part of the lid and blend where it meets with the red. Apply some on the inner part of the crease too.
– Apply a matte, dark olive green (I used the one in the Sleek Chaos palette) on the outer crease too and blend where it meets with the red and lime green.
– Sweep the same lime green shade you used before on the crease, on top of the dark green, to blend out any harsh lines.
– Apply a light beige/cream shade (I used the one in the Sleek Storm palette) on the browbone to highlight.
– Line the upper lid with a black gel liner (I used Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24h in black) and apply mascara.
– On your face, apply your usual foundation (I used YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation in no.5) and then concealer (I used Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain) to cover dark circles or any other imperfection you may have.
– Apply a coral cream blush (I used Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in Soft Candy) on your cheeks and highlight the cheekbones, middle of the nose and chin with a subtle champagne highlighter (I used Senna Spot Lites Highlighting Pencil).
– Swipe a pink gloss (I used Senna Pearl Glow Lip Lacquer in Pearl Glow) on your lips and you’re done!
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.