What it is:
Aloe vera is a plant from the lily family. Aloe vera gel comes from the cutting open of the leaves and the collection of the mucilage that oozes out. The mucilage is 99.5% water, while the other 0.5% is a combination of mucopolysaccharides (basic sugars), choline and choline salicylate.
What it does:
Aloe vera can bind moisture to the skin, while helps keeping it hydrated.
In addition, Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties that can soothe irritated skin, sunburns, and psoriasis.
Aloe vera also has antioxidants and antibacterial properties.
Applying is generally considered to be safe.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.