Do you want to achieve plumper and fuller lips in just a few minutes without the help of a needle or tingling, and sometimes painful, lip plumpers? That’s easier than you think: the secret is to play with light and shadow to shape your lips. Here’s how:
1. Exfoliate: start by exfoliating your lips to slough off all the dead skin cells accumulating on the surface. This will create a very soft, smooth and even surface. Then apply a layer of lip balm to nourish the lips.
2. Erase the lip line: apply concealer all along the lip line and smudge it both upwards and into the lips. This will both erase your natural lip line and add some light (which helps give the illusion of fuller lips) around it too.
3. Draw a new lip line: using a lip liner that matches the color of your lips, draw a new lip outline just above your natural one. Don’t exaggerate and draw it too far away from it or it’ll just look fake and unnatural. Then, apply the same shade all over the lips.
4. Add some color: it’s finally time to add some color and swipe on your favourite lip gloss. In alternative, you can apply lipstick and dab a touch of lipgloss just at the center of your pout to catch the light. In addition, remember that light lip colors help make lips look bigger, while dark shades will have the opposite effect and make them look smaller.
5. Highlight: this step is optional but I still recommend it as it gives a nice finishing touch to the look. Just grab your favourite liquid highlighter and apply just a tiny amount onto your cupid’s bow. This too will catch the light and give the appearance of plumper lips.
Do you have any more tips on how to achieve fuller, plumper lips? Share them in the comments!
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.