I love this time of the year.
Walking around the dusky streets decorated with sparkling lights, sipping hot chocolate at a local cafe, and getting the best skincare deals of the year.
The shops are packed with gift sets offering you a brand’s best-selling products for a fraction of the retail price.
It’s the perfect opportunity to introduce your BFF to Korean skincare, try that luxury brand you’ve had your eye on for years, and treating your friends to pampering sheet masks.
No matter who’s on your list, you’ll find skincare gift sets that’ll please everyone, from the French skincare lover to the acne-prone teen.
Here are the best holiday skincare gift sets for 2019. Take your pick!
For Sensitive Skin: First Aid Beauty Skin Summit ($48.00)
The name says it all: First Aid Beauty Skin Summit is a first aid kid for dry and sensitive skin. Whether you’re suffering with it all year round or your skin got a case of winter dryness, this kit can nurse it back to health. It includes:
- Pure Skin Face Cleanser (2.0 fl. oz.): A creamy face wash that removes all traces of dirt, oil and makeup.
- Facial Radiance Pads (60 count): A gentle exfoliant that brightens skin.
- Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask (2.0 fl. oz.): A soothing mask with colloidal oatmeal to reduce redness, itchiness, and irritations.
- Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum (0.5 fl. oz.): A hydrating serum packed with soothing ingredients to moisturize skin and calm down irritations at the same time.
- Ultra Repair Cream (6.0 oz.): Packed to the brim with soothing agents, it deeply moisturises skin, strengthens its protective barrier, and reduces redness and irritation. You can use it on both your face and body.
For The Mask Lover: Peter Thomas Roth Mask-Erade Kit ($19.00)
Is there a more relaxing pampering treat than a mask? Peter Thomas Roth Mask-Erade Kit features 5 masks for every concern, from wrinkles to dehydrated skin. You can gift them all to your mum or use them as individual stocking stuffers for 5 friends. Here’s what’s inside:
- Rose Stem Cell Bio-Repair Gel Mask (0.47 fl. oz.): A hydrating mask with antioxidants to make skin soft and supple.
- 24K Gold Mask Pure Luxury Lift & Firm (0.47 fl. oz.): A gimmicky mask with gold. It looks cool, but it only hydrates skin.
- Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black Mask (0.47 fl. oz.): Perfect for oily skin, it helps to absorb excess oil.
- Pumpkin Enzyme Mask Enzymatic Dermal Resurfacer (0.47 fl. oz.): An exfoliating mask that makes skin smoother and brighter.
- Cucumber Gel Mask Extreme De-Tox™ Hydrator (0.47 fl. oz.): A soothing and hydrating mask for dry and dull skin.
For The Sun Worshipper: Supergoop! Your Everyday SPF Kit ($32.00)
Got a friend who loves basking in the sun? Supergoop! Your Everyday SPF Kit is the perfect gift. It has three sunscreen formulas to keep you safe in the sun and prevent sun damage (the nasty bugger that always turn into wrinkles later on):
- Everyday Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50 (2.4 fl. oz.): A lightweight, non-greasy formula for both your face and body.
- Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 (0.34 fl. oz.): Ideal for oily skin, this oil-free sunscreen has a lightweight texture that shields skin without leaving a greasy mess behind.
- Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 (1 fl. oz.): A refreshing setting spray to top up your sunscreen doing the day.
Available at: Dermstore
For The Skincare Newbie: The Ordinary The Daily Set (£15.00)
Want to introduce your teen to skincare or have a friend who doesn’t have a proper routine yet? Get her on The Ordinary Bandwagon. The Ordinary The Daily Set features everything you need to start a basic skincare routine:
- Squalane Cleanser (50ml): It effortlessly removes all traces of dirt and stubborn makeup from skin.
- Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA (30ml): A gentle moisturizer that strengthens your skin’s protective barrier and makes your skin soft and supple.
- Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 (30ml): A hydrating serum that plumps up skin, softens its texture, and makes the complexion glow.
For Your Mum: Drunk Elephant The Midi Committee (£40.00)
As you get older, you need more heavy-duty skincare that can keep wrinkles off your face, fade away dark spots, and deeply moisturise skin. Drunk Elephant The Midi Committee covers all basics:
- Protini Polypeptide Cream (30ml): A hydrating moisturiser with peptides that helps prevent wrinkles and sagging.
- A-Passioni Retinol Cream (10ml): A heavy-duty moisturizer with retinol to reduce wrinkles and fade away dark spots (only for pro retinol users!).
- B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum (5ml): A hylauronic acid serum that intensely hydrates dry and dehydrated skin.
- Slaai Makeup Melting Butter Cleanser (22g): A creamy makeup remover that melts away all traces of dirt and makeup.
- Bamboo Booster (1.7g): A gentle exfoliant that brightens and soothes skin.
For The Natural Skincare Lover: Pai Natural Treasures Hero Collection (£50.00)
We all have that one friend who refuses to use anything that’s not natural. Get her a box of Pai Natural Treasures Hero Collection. It features daily staples for dry, sensitive, and eczema-prone skin:
- Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser (200ml): A hydrating cream cleanses that removes every trace of dirt and grime, leaving skin clean and soft.
- Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil (30ml): A moisturizing oil loaded with antioxidants that fights wrinkles, soothes irritations, and makes skin softer and suppler.
- Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream (10ml): A gentle, moisturizing cream that soothes irritations while hydrating skin.
- Dual Effect Sensitive Skin Cloth: Gives the cleanser a gentle exfoliating boost.
For The Korean Skincare Lover: Cosrx Favorites Best Sellers Set ($25.00)
Want to introduce Korean skincare to your BFF? Cosrx Favorites Best Sellers Set is the perfect starting point. Here’s why:
- Low-pH Good Morning Cleanser (20 ml;): A gentle, pH-balanced foaming cleanser that cleanses skin without drying it out or irritating it.
- AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner (20 ml): A gentle, exfoliating toner that removes dead skin cells, making skin smoother and brighter. It helps treat acne, too.
- Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence (20 ml): Packed with 96% snail mucin, this essence is super moisturising. Rumour has it, it helps with acne, too.
- COSRX Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion (20 ml): A lightweight moisturizer that makes skin soft and supple, calms down irritations, and leaves no greasy residue behind.
For Acne-Prone Skin: Paula’s Choice Repair + Restore Oily Kit ($108.00)
Your friend’s complaining she’s getting too many pimples or can’t get her acne under control? Paula’s Choice Repair + Restore Oily Kit has what it takes to keep acne at bay and give her the clear complexion she’s longing for:
- RESIST Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA (88 ml /3 fl. oz.): A gentle exfoliant that gets deep into the pores, removing all the gunk that’s giving you blackheads and acne. It shrinks pores, too.
- RESIST Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum (30 ml / 1 fl. oz.): A powerful antiaging serum with retinol, an antioxidant that reduces both wrinkles and acne.
- RESIST Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator (10 ml / 0.33 fl. oz.): Packed with antioxidants, this lightweight moisturizer deeply hydrates the complexion and prevents new wrinkle from forming.
Available at: Paula’s Choice
For The French Skincare Lover: Bioderma Sensibio Routine Kit ($38.00)
I love French skincare for its no-frills approach to skincare. Bioderma Sensibio Routine Kit is the perfect example. It has everything you need to keep dry and sensitive skin soft and healthy all winter long. It includes:
- Sensibio H2O (250 ml): A non-rinse micellar water that gently removes makeup from your face and eyes.
- Sensibio Eye (15 ml): A gentle eye cream that moisturises the under-eye area and relieves puffiness.
- Sensibio Light (40 ml): A soothing face moisturizer that hydrates skin, strengthens its protective barrier, and keeps redness away.
Available at: Dermstore
For The Man In Your Life: Jack Black The King Of Jack ($49.00)
Want to get your man into skincare? Jack Black The King Of Jack makes the perfect introduction. It has everything your man needs for both face and body care:
- Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser (3 fl. oz.): A gentle foaming face wash for normal to oily skin types. It removes both dirt and excess sebum.
- Double-Duty Face Moisturizer (3.3 fl. oz.): A soothing cream that moisturises skin and relieves itching after shaving.
- Cool Moisture Body Lotion (3 fl. oz.): A moisturizing body lotion loaded with antioxidants to keep skin soft and young.
- Beard Lube® Conditioning Shave (3 fl. oz.): A moisturizing pre-shave oil to prevent razor burn and irritation.
- Charcoal Body Bar (1 bar): A multi-tasking bar soap that cleanses, exfoliates and moisturizes skin.
What are your fave holiday skincare gift sets of 2019? Share your picks in the comments below.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.