Is it me or tinted eyebrow gels are so fake?
Like, every time I try one, it looks like my 5 year old cousin has drawn two curved lines on my forehead. Not exactly the look I’m going for.
Maybe it’s because I’m so pale. Makeup is SO pigmented these days and that’s not something I can always pull off. But even if you can, why splurge on a tinted eyebrow gel when you can make your own? Here’s how:
How To Make Your Own Tinted Eyebrow Gel
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A clear mascara gel
- A matte eyeshadow that matches the colour of your eyebrows
- Slightly shimmery shades work too.
- Avoid frosty eyeshadows – they just look unnatural.
- Loose eyeshadows are easier to work with.
- Unless you have red hair, stay away from eyeshadows with red undertones – they don’t look natural on most people.
- Smash the eyeshadow into lots of tiny little pieces. You can also scrap a little bit of eyeshadow with a small razor blade. Skip this step if you’re using a loose eyeshadow.
- Add the eyeshadow into the clear mascara gel tube and mix well.
- Keep adding eyeshadow until you get the desired shade.
Have you ever made your own brow tinted gel? Share your experience in the comments below.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.