Taking proper care of your skin can delay the natural aging process. It also keeps your skin healthy. Make these habits parts of your life and you’ll see your skin will start looking younger and glowy:
1. Protect yourself from the sun: UV rays damage skin causing wrinkles, dry skin, sun spots and cancer. Avoid spending time outdoor from 10 am to 4 pm. as the sun rays are more intense during these hours. When going outside, wear protective clothes like long-sleeved shirts and hats. And always use sunscreen. Apply it about 20 minutes before going out and reapply it after a few hours, esp after being in water or heavy sweating.
2. Wash yourself gently: limit bath or shower time to 15 minutes and use warm, not hot, water and mild soaps. Long baths, hot water and strong soaps remove oils from skin and should therefore be avoided. Afterwards, pat your skin dry gently with a soft towel and apply a moisturizer.
3. Moisturize: moisturizers form a layer on the skin which keeps water from evaporating and seal in moisture. They therefore help maintain the skin’s natural moisture level, leaving it smooth and soft. Choose a cream that contains SPF of at least 15 to protect the skin from UV rays.
4. Eat healthily: to stay healthy, skin needs omega-3 fatty acids. They help build the lipid layer of the skin as well as help locking in moisture. Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in fish, red vegetables, citrus fruits, berries and nuts.
5. Drink water: this keep skin from drying out. You should drink about 1.5 to 2 liters of water a day, but if you can’t, eat lots of foods that contain water, like lettuce or melon.
6. Exercise: it boosts circulation, improving the delivery of nutrients and oxygen to the skin, making it glow.
7. Get your beauty sleep: sleep eight hours a night. Lack of sleep will make you stressed and feel fatigued as well as making your complexion look washed out.
8. Don’t smoke: smoking accelerates the aging process. In fact, it narrows the blood vessels in the outermost layers of the skin, decreasing blood flow. This slows the delivery of nutrients and oxygen to the skin. Smoking also reduces collagen production and destroys elastin, which give skin strength and elasticity and keep it smooth and wrinkle-free. In addition, the facial expression you make when smoking (like pursing lips when inhaling) may cause wrinkles.
Do you follow these habits?
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.