Want beautiful, healthy nails? Then follow these tips:
1. Don’t bite your nails: not only this causes nails to be jagged and unattractive, but it can also seriously damage them. It can allow bacteria to enter the nail bed, causing infection.
2. Moisturize: use a hand or cuticle cream daily to prevent loss of moisture and cracks in your nails.
3. File your nails properly: always go in one direction when you file your nails. Going back and forth will cause splitting. Filing the corners of the nails can weaken them as well.
4. Don’t use polish removers too often: they contain alcohol or other solvents, like acetone, that dry the nails, making them weaker.
5. Eat healthily: to strenghten nails eat foods that contain proteins (beans, legumes, meat, eggs), zinc (milk, hard-boiled eggs), calcium (fresh carrot juice) and Vitamin B Biotin (brown rice and soybeans).
6. Drink a lot of water: it will keep your body, including nails, hydrated.
7. Don’t get acrylic nails: there are several reasons why this is bad. Filing away the enamel on your nails makes them weak and thin; separation of the nails from the nail bad, caused by minor traumas occurred to the acrylic nails (even scraping a surface) can cause infection. In addition, acrylic nails contain formaldehyde and other resins that are unhealthy and may cause cancer.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.