TGIF! Have you got any nice plans for the weekend? As for me, I don’t know what I’ll do yet, I always decided these things at the last minute, but I’ll sure wear some bright looks like the one I’m showing you today. It’s a look I did about a week ago and I called it Welcome to Sicily because the colors I used remind me of this island.
Brown is the color of the earth and blue that of the beautiful sea, while orange is well the color of oranges and other citrus fruits that so richly grow in Sicily. Please excuse the bad blending. This was one of the first looks I did using Fyrinnae’s Pixie Epoxy, which is a base that really improves the color payoff of eyeshadows, making them so vibrant and bright, but when you apply too much, blending becomes a bit difficult.
It was my fault cos at the beginning I thought this had to be applied liberally, but turns out less is more with this, and once you get the hang of it, blending well is not a problem anymore. Here’s the look, enjoy!
– Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer
– Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
– Barry M Dazzle Dust #77 Orange
– Urban Decay eyeshadow in Jones
– NYC Metro Quartet palette in South Street Seaport (dark brown)
– Sleek Curious eyeshadow palette (white and bright medium blue)
– Barry M Intense Eyeliner Pen in Kingfisher Blue
– Pupa True Eyes eyeliner pencil in black
– Maybelline Volum Express Cat Eyes mascara
– Apply an eyeshadow primer (I used Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer) all over the lid to create a base for the shades to adhere to and last longer.
– Apply Fyrinnae’s Pixie Epoxy (if you don’t have, you can skip this step) on the lid to make the colors really pop. Be careful not too apply too much or blending will become a bit difficult.
– Apply a bright orange shade (I used Bary M Dazzle Dust #77 Orange) on the lid and bright it up to the crease.
– Using a light orange shade (I used Urban Decay eyeshadow in Jones) soften the edges of the bright orange shade on the crease.
– Apply a dark brown shade (I used the contour one in the NYC Metro Quartet palette in South Street Seaport) on the outer corner of the eye.
– Sweep a white shade (I used the one in the Sleek Curious palette) on the browbone to highlight.
– Using MAC 219 pencil brush, sweep a bright medium blue (I used the one in the Sleek Curious palette) shade on the lower lashline.
– Apply a light blue eyeliner (I used Barry M Intense Eyeliner Pen in Kingfisher Blue) on the waterline.
– Line your upper lid with a black pencil liner (I used Pupa True Kohl in black).
– Finish off with mascara.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.