I was asked by my lovely reader Marie to do a bridal look. It took me a while (sorry about that!) to come up with something I was happy with. I think a bridal look should be soft and neutral to enhance the bride’s natural beauty, but this type of makeup isn’t my forte. So, I experimented for a while and finally here’s the result. I think it’s a nice look for summer brides and I hope you will like it too. Let me know what you think of it and if you have any suggestions to improve this bridal look. 😉
– Michael Todd Picture Perfect Face Primer SPF 20
– Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint SPF15
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
– Fyrinnae Finishing Powder Oil Control
– Mememe Blush Me in Pink
– Michael Todd Long Wear Creme Shadow in Forever Young
– Revlon Beyond Natural Defining Eye Pencil in Brown
– Pupa Mascara Vamp
– Senna Sketch A Brow Pencil
– Sleek Makeup True Colour Lipstick in Rose Petal
– Start by applying a face primer (I used Michael Todd Picture Perfect Face Primer SPF 20) to help minimize imperfections and create a flawless canvas. If you have oily skin, make sure you use a primer with absorbing ingredients such as Kaolin Clay to keep the oil at bay.
– Then, apply foundation (if you have great skin to start with even a tinted moisturizer will do; I used Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint SPF15) and apply concealer (I used Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer) where needed.
– Sweep a delicate pink shade (I used Mememe Blush Me in Pink) on the apples of your cheeks and blend out the edges. Set everything with a dust of powder (I used Fyrinnae Finishing Powder Oil Control)
– Apply a longwear cream eyeshadow in a silver shade with goldish brown undertones (I used Michael Todd Long Wear Creme Shadow in Forever Young) on the lids and blend out the edges. A light taupe or soft beige will work well too. The important thing is that you use a longlasting product that can withstand the heat without melting and ruining your eye makeup.
– Line your upper lashline with a soft reddish brown (I used Revlon Beyond Natural Defining Eye Pencil in Brown). It will define the eyes naturally. Next, apply mascara.
– Tweeze stray hair around your eyebrows. Then, fill in your eyebrows with a soft pencil that matches their colour exactly.
– Finally, apply a delicate pink lipstick shade (I used Sleek Makeup True Colour Lipstick in Rose Petal) to your lips.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.