I was asked by my lovely reader Marie to do a bridal look. It took me a while (sorry about that!) to come up with something I was happy with. I think a bridal look should be soft and neutral to enhance the bride’s natural beauty, but this type of makeup isn’t my forte. So, I experimented for a while and finally here’s the result. I think it’s a nice look for summer brides and I hope you will like it too. Let me know what you think of it and if you have any suggestions to improve this bridal look. 😉
– Michael Todd Picture Perfect Face Primer SPF 20
– Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint SPF15
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
– Fyrinnae Finishing Powder Oil Control
– Mememe Blush Me in Pink
– Michael Todd Long Wear Creme Shadow in Forever Young
– Revlon Beyond Natural Defining Eye Pencil in Brown
– Pupa Mascara Vamp
– Senna Sketch A Brow Pencil
– Sleek Makeup True Colour Lipstick in Rose Petal
– Start by applying a face primer (I used Michael Todd Picture Perfect Face Primer SPF 20) to help minimize imperfections and create a flawless canvas. If you have oily skin, make sure you use a primer with absorbing ingredients such as Kaolin Clay to keep the oil at bay.
– Then, apply foundation (if you have great skin to start with even a tinted moisturizer will do; I used Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint SPF15) and apply concealer (I used Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer) where needed.
– Sweep a delicate pink shade (I used Mememe Blush Me in Pink) on the apples of your cheeks and blend out the edges. Set everything with a dust of powder (I used Fyrinnae Finishing Powder Oil Control)
– Apply a longwear cream eyeshadow in a silver shade with goldish brown undertones (I used Michael Todd Long Wear Creme Shadow in Forever Young) on the lids and blend out the edges. A light taupe or soft beige will work well too. The important thing is that you use a longlasting product that can withstand the heat without melting and ruining your eye makeup.
– Line your upper lashline with a soft reddish brown (I used Revlon Beyond Natural Defining Eye Pencil in Brown). It will define the eyes naturally. Next, apply mascara.
– Tweeze stray hair around your eyebrows. Then, fill in your eyebrows with a soft pencil that matches their colour exactly.
– Finally, apply a delicate pink lipstick shade (I used Sleek Makeup True Colour Lipstick in Rose Petal) to your lips.