now that summer’s around the corner, I thought I’d play with colours and do a tropical look. I love tropical looks. They are fun, bright and cheerful. Here’s how the look turned out, let me know what you think of it.
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Sleek Makeup I-Divine Curacao Eyeshadow Palette
– Sleek Makeup I-Divine Au Naturel Eyeshadow Palette
– BeYu Bi:Ju Soft Liner For Eyes And More In Blue Agate
– Kiko Volume Attraction Mascara
– Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat in Beige Rosé
– Layla Correttore Anticernes in Stick
– Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Magic
– Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef
1. Start by applying an eyeshadow base all over your lid to make you makeup last longer. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but if you want the colours to really pop, you could use a yellow cream eyeshadow on the lid.
2. Pack a bright, lemon green eyeshadow (I used Screwdriver in the Sleek Makeup Curacao Eyeshadow Palette) on the lid.
3. Apply a bright orange shade (I used Tequila Sunrise in the Sleek Makeup Curacao Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease and on the outer part of the lid. Blend.
3. Apply a bright fuchsia shade (I used Singapore Sling in the Sleek Makeup Curacao Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease and outer V to darken them. Be careful not to bring the colour up too much on the crease. Blend.
4. Sweep a pale matte yellow (I used Honeycomb in the Sleek Makeup Au Naturel Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease on top of the orange shade you previously applied. This will help blend out the edges and create a nice gradient. But don’t bring the colour up all the way to the brows.
5. Apply a pearly champagne shade (I used Martini in the Sleek Makeup Curacao Eyeshadow Palette) just under the brows to highlight that area.
6. With a pencil brush, sweep a bright green with yellow undertones (I used Apres Midori in the Sleek Makeup Curacao Eyeshadow Palette) on the lower lashline.
7. Apply a khaki green shade (I used Green Martini in the Sleek Makeup Curacao Eyeshadow Palette) on the outer part of the lower lashline and blend. This will create a lovely gradient effect.
8. Line your upper lashline with a medium blue pencil eyeliner (I used BeYu Bi:Ju Soft Liner For Eyes And More In Blue Agate).
9. Apply mascara.
FACE & CHEEKS
1. Even out the skintone with foundation and apply concealer where needed.
2. Sweep a pink coral blush (I used Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Magic) on the apples of your cheeks.
3. Apply a sheer orangey coral lipgloss (I used Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef) on your lips.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.