I was going through my stash the other day and realized that I very rarely use gold eyeshadows. I use yellows a lot but golds I tend to neglect and it’s unfair as they are so pretty! So, I decided to do a look with gold and pair it with purple and here’s what came out. What do you think?
– NYX Eyeshadow Base in White
– Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
– Sleek I-Divine Storm Eyeshadow Palette
– Sleek I-Divine Original Eyeshadow Palette
– Layla Lash Art mascara in black
– YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain
– Layla Top Cover Fard Compatto in n.8
– Wet n Wild Cover All Concealer Palette
– Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Rose Petal
– Start by applying an eyeshadow primer to your eyes. I used NYX Eyeshadow Base in White as the white color would really make the eyeshadows pop. And it helps keeping them in place for longer too.
– Apply Fyrinnae’s Pixie Epoxy (if you don’t have, you can skip this step) on the lid to make the colors really pop.
– Apply a gold shade (I used the one in the Sleek Storm palette) in the middle of the lid.
– Apply a black shade (I used the one in the Sleek Storm palette) all around the gold, on both its side and on the crease. Apply only a sheer veil of gold, this way it will make the next color we’re gonna apply on top of it pop even more.
– Sweep a purple shade (I used the one in the Sleek Original palette) on top of the black you previously applied. Apply the same shade on the lower lashline too.
– Sweep the gold you previously applied on the lid on the crease on top of the purple and blend. This will soften any harsh lines. Next, apply the same shade on the lower lashline on the lower edge of the purple.
– Highlight the browbone by using a pale yellow shade (I used the one in the Sleek Original palette) and finish off with mascara.
– On your face, apply your usual foundation (I used YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation in no.5) and then concealer (I used Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain) to cover dark circles or any other imperfection you may have.
– Sweep a peachy pink blush with golden shimmers (I used Layla Top Cover Fard Compatto in n.8) on your cheeks and highlight the cheekbones, middle of the nose and chin with a white highlighter (I used Wet n Wild Cover All Concealer Palette).
– Sweep an antique rose lipstick (I used Sleek True Color lipstick in Rose Petal) and you’re done!