and TGIF! Today’s look was a request from my friend Tavia who wanted me to do a look using pink (she loves this color and so do I!), purple and yellow so here it is. I have to say I’m not too pleased with it and may try to do another look using these colors soon.
If you look at the eye makeup only, I think it’s gorgeous. The colors are pretty and compliment each other very well, but when you look at the full face photo (yes, I’m posting another one!), I look ill. 🙁 I think that’s because I used the pink and purple on my lower lashline which is something I should really stop doing. It doesn’t look good on me. (And you’d think I’d have learnt it by now).
The day I did this look I had a birthday party to attend to so before going out I changed the color on my lower lashline from pink to yellow and the results were great. It’s too bad I don’t have a picture to show you of that (I was late for the party so didn’t have time to take one) but the pink suddenly didn’t look too much anymore and I didn’t look ill anymore.
The look was more balanced so if you have problems rocking pink, just use yellow on the lower lashline. 🙂 But without further ado, here’s the look:
– Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer
– Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
– Sleek Safari palette (yellow)
– Barry M Dazzle Dust #86 Pink Shimmer
– Kiko eyeshadow in Vinaccia Scuro
– Sleek Original palette (pale yellow)
– Pupa True Eyes eyeliner pencil in black
– Maybelline Volum Express Cat Eyes mascara
– Pupa Professionals Smoothing Foundation Primer
– YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation
– Max Factor Erace Concealer
– Pupa bronzer
– Milani Minerals Blush in Luminuous
– Senna Spot Lites Highlighting Pencil
– Fyrinnae Finishing Powder Oil Control
– Nars lipgloss in Orgasm
– Apply an eyeshadow primer (I used Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer) all over the lid to create a base for the shades to adhere to and last longer.
– Apply Fyrinnae’s Pixie Epoxy (if you don’t have, you can skip this step) on the lid to make the colors really pop.
– Apply a bright, medium yellow (I used the one in the Sleek Safari palette) on the lid.
– Apply a bright pink shade (I used Barry M Dazzle Dust #86 Pink Shimmer) on the outer corner of the eyes and bring it up to the crease area.
– Apply a reddish purple shade (I used Kiko eyeshadow in Vinaccia Scuro) on the crease and blend well.
– Sweep a pale yellow shade on the browbone to highlight.
– Line your upper lid with a black pencil eyeliner. Apply some on the outer lower lashline too.
– On the outer lower lashline, I apply the brighter pink shade previously used on the inner part. Now, take the purple shade you used and apply it on top of the black liner on the outer and middle lower lashline (it will make the color darker and more wearable) and blend where it meets the pink. However, if this is too much for you, you can just apply the yellow shade you used on the liner on the whole length of the lower lashline. This will make the look A LOT more wearable, especially for those that have a hard time rocking pinks and purples.
– Finish off with mascara.
– Next I applied a face primer (I used Pupa Professionals Smoothing Foundation Primer), followed by concealer to cover my dark circles (I used Max Factor Erace Concealer) and foundation (YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation in no.5).
– Next I applied a bronzer in one of the Pupa palettes I have on my nose to make it look slimmer.
– Sweep a pink blush shade with some peach undertone (I used Milani Minerals Blush in Lumious) and highlight the cheekbones, middle of the nose and chin with a subtle highlighter (I used Senna Spot Lites Highlighting Pencil).
– The next step was to apply a finishing powder to set the makeup and absorb excess oil (I used Fyrinnae Finishing Powder Oil Control).
– Finish the look by applying a sheer and soft pink lipgloss. (I used Nars Lipgloss in Orgasm).