here’s a look I did a while ago using my Sleek Storm palette. This time, I decided to use the darker colors in the palette and with the Pixie Epoxy underneath, the result was even more dramatic so I left the rest of my face soft and natural. I decided to call this look Night On The Mountains because the brown and dark green remind me of the colors of the mountains, while the dark, shimmering blue on the lower lashline makes me think of the starry night sky. I hope you like it.
– Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer
– Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
– Sleek Storm palette (dark brown, dark green, dark blue and nude pale cream)
– Pupa True Eyes eyeliner pencil in black
– Collistar Infinito mascara
– YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation
– Max Factor Erace Concealer
– Milani Minerals Blush in Luminuous
– Senna Spot Lites Highlighting Pencil
– Nars Lipgloss in Orgasm
– Apply an eyeshadow primer (I used Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer) all over the lid to create a base for the shades to adhere to and last longer.
– Apply Fyrinnae’s Pixie Epoxy (if you don’t have, you can skip this step) on the lid to make the colors brighter.
– Apply a dark brown shade (I used the one in the Sleek Storm palette) on the lid.
– Darken the outer V with a dark green shade (I used the one in the Sleek Storm palette) and blend the color into the crease.
– Sweep a nude, pale cream shade (I used the one in the Sleek Storm palette) on the browbone to highlight.
– Apply a dark blue shade (I used the one in the Sleek Storm palette) on the lower lashline.
– Line your upper lashline with a black pencil eyeliner (I used – Pupa True Eyes eyeliner pencil in black) and apply mascara.
– On your face, apply concealer (I used Max Factor Erace Concealer) to cover dark circles and any other imperfection you may have, and then your usual foundation (I used YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation in no.5).
– Apply a pink blush with subtle peach undertones (I used Milani Minerals Blush in Luminuous) on the cheeks and highlight the cheekbones, middle of the nose and chin with a subtle white highlighter (I used Senna Spot Lites Highlighting Pencil).
– Apply a sheer pink lipgloss (I used Nars lipgloss in Orgasm) on the lips.
In other news, I did another swap with my friend Dao from My Makeup Blog. Dao has recently opened her own mineral makeup shop on Etsy called Formula D and, in exchange for some Italian makeup, I got to try some of her products. Full reviews coming soon but so far I’m liking everything. So much so that I made a purchase from her store so I’ll soon have more stuff to show you.
Dao sent me two blushes, some eyeshadows and a sample of her mineral powder. The eyeshadows are bright yet very wearable and perfect for those that want to try colorful shades but are scared of them. You can totally rock these even during the day and they blend so well! The blushes give a nice healthy and glowy flush to the skin, are soft, and it’s very hard to overdo them so application’s not a problem.
Finally, the Ultimate Vegan Powder can be used both as a setting powder and a primer. It evens out the skintone, keeps oil at bay for several hours and because it contains only an handful of ingredients and is free of parabens, silicones and Bismuth Oxychloride, it’s perfect for those with sensitive skin. And since Dao knows how hard it is for me to find a foundation that matches my fair skin, she also sent me a sample of a mineral foundation she mixed just for me. Isn’t that very nice and thoughtful? Plus, she also got me a lip balm from Yes to Carrots and some samples. Thanks hun.
If you’re interested in trying Formula D products, this is the time to do it. For each order of $10 or above (before shipping), you’ll receive a free bonus eyeshadow of your choice! Just let her know which shade you want in the comment section of your order when you check out. Offer is valid until 14th July. So, what you’re waiting for? Visit Formula D now!