today I want to show you a simple look I did with the ELF Beauty Book my lovely friend Dao has given me. Although I have the Eye Brights Edition of this book, it also contains some neutral and brown shades and these are the ones I decided to use for this look. I just wanted to do something quick, pretty and wearable (for a change!) and I’m quite pleased with how it turned out. I hope you’ll like it too.
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– ELF Beauty Book Eye Brights Edition
– Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar
– Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Whiskey
– Layla Love For Lash mascara
– YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
– Pupa Bijoux Beauty palette
– Sleek Blush in Rose Gold
– Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Extravagant Plum
– Start by applying an eyeshadow primer to your eyes (I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance) to help makeup stay put all day and improve the color payoff of the eyeshadows.
– Sweep a shimmering pale brown shade (I used the one in the ELF Beauty Book Eye Brights Edition) on the lid. Bring it just slightly up the crease.
– Apply a warm, medium brown shade (I used the one in the ELF Beauty Book Eye Brights Edition) on the outer V to darken it. Sweep the same shade on the lower lashline as well.
– Sweep a shimmering white shade (I used the one in the ELF Beauty Book Eye Brights Edition) on the browbone to highlight.
– Line your upper lid with a dark purple eyeliner (I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Rockstar) and your waterline with a warm, dark brown (I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Whiskey). Apply mascara.
– On your face, apply your usual foundation (I used YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation in no.5) and then concealer (I used Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain) to cover dark circles or any other imperfection you may have.
– Using a brown matte (or almost matte) shade that’s one or two shades darker than your skintone (I used the one in the Pupa Bijoux Beauty palette), contour your cheekbones. Start at the temples, then sweep it on the hollow of your cheeks and all the way down to the jawline drawing a 3 shape with your brush.
– Sweep a peachy pink blush with gold shimmers (I used Sleek Blush in Rose Gold) on your cheeks and highlight the cheekbones, middle of the nose and chin with a white highlighter (I used the white shade in the Wet n Wild Cover All Concealer Palette).
– Apply a sheer plum gloss (I used Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Extravagant Plum) on your lips.