Dark lip colours intrigue me as much as they scare me. I’m always afraid they will look too harsh against my pale skintone, which is why I rarely buy them. But, recently, a friend of mine has given a dark purple lipstick and I couldn’t wait to put it to the test. It looks more like a dark berry than a deep plum in photos, but I still like the result.
Here’s how you can recreate this look:
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Sleek Makeup I-Divine Showstoppers Eyeshadow Palette
– Sleek Makeup I-Divine Lagoon Eyeshadow Palette
– Neve Cosmetics Pastello in Liquirizia
– Sleek Makeup I’m Conditional Mascara
– Dior Diorskin Nude Foundation
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
– Illamasqua Powder Blush in Naked Rose
– Benefit High Beam
– Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Midnight Plum
1. Apply an eyeshadow primer. My favourite is Too Faced Shadow Insurance
2. Apply a shimmering white shade (I used Bad Girl in the Sleek Makeup Showstoppers Eyeshadow Palette) on the lid.
3. With a pencil brush, apply a matte black shade (I used Noir in the Sleek Makeup Showstoppers Eyeshadow Palette) on the outer V and blend. Apply it on the lower lashline as well.
4. Sweep a pale shimmer lilac (I used Reflection in the Sleek Makeup Lagoon Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease.
5. Apply a shade that’s very similar to the colour of your skin (I used Paraguaya in the Sleek Makeup Showstoppers Eyeshadow Palette) on the browbone.
6. Apply a reddish brown shade (I used Au Naturel in the Sleek Makeup Showstoppers Eyeshadow Palette) on top of the black eyeshadow both in the outer V and lower lashline to feather it in.
7. Line your upper lashline with a black pencil eyeliner (I used Neve Cosmetics Pastello in Liquirizia). If you want to make the look darker and more intense, apply the eyeliner on the upper and lower waterlines too. I chose not to do this because it would have made my small eyes look even smaller.
8. Apply mascara.
FACE & LIPS
1. Apply foundation and concealer as needed.
2. Sweep a medium rosy pink shade with slightly blue undertones and an almost matte finish (I used Illamasqua Powder Blush in Naked Rose) on your cheeks.
3. Apply a white highlighting shade (I used Benefit High Beam) on top of your blush.
4. Apply a dark plum lipstick (I used Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Midnight Plum) on your lips.
What do you think of this look?