when I posted my review of Barry M Super Soft Eye Crayon in Matt Pink, my friend Dao asked me to do a look with it and here it is (sorry it took me a while!). There are several ways you can wear pink eyeliner: on its own to give your look a playful pop of color, with a neutral eye makeup to spice it up or you can do something more colorful, like I did.
When I first thought about what eyeshadow colors I could use with a pink eyeliner, yellow came to my mind straight away. Pink and yellow go very well together and every time I use them both in a look, I’m always pleased with the results.
I’ve decided to keep the eyeliner soft and add a touch of green to the lower lashline to make it even more fun, but if that’s too much for you, you can skip this step. I didn’t have time to take a full face pix this time (I’ll try and post one next time, I promise!), but I hope it still gives you an idea of how you can wear pink liner. 🙂
– Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer
– Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
– Sleek Safari eyeshadow palette (pale brown, yellow, reddish brown, dark brown, white, olive green, dark green)
– Prestige Eyeliner pencil in Kiwi
– Barry M Super Soft Eye Crayon in Matt Pink
– Maybelline Volum Express Cat Eyes mascara
– Apply an eyeshadow primer (I used Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer) all over the lid to create a base for the shades to adhere to and last longer.
– Apply Fyrinnae’s Pixie Epoxy (if you don’t have, you can skip this step) on the lid to make the colors really pop.
– Start by applying a pale brown shade (I used the one from Sleek Safari palette. All the other eyeshadows used are also from this palette) on the inner part of the lid.
– Sweep a bright yellow shade on the rest of the lid and blend where it meets with the soft brown.
– Apply a reddish brown shade on the crease and blend well.
– Darken the crease with a dark brown shade and blend.
– Sweep a white shade on the brownbone to highlight.
– Using MAC 219 pencil brush, apply an olive green shade on the inner lower lashline.
– With the same brush, sweep a dark green shade on the outer lower lashline and blend where it meets with the lighter green.
– Apply a green eyeliner (I used Prestige Eyeliner pencil in Kiwi) on the waterline.
– Line your upper lid with a pink matte eyeliner (I used Barry M Super Soft Eye Crayon in Matt Pink).
– Finish off with mascara