today I want to show you a pink look I did using the latest Sleek LE palette, Good Girl. Pink is one of my fave colors but because pink eyeshadows are usually poorly pigmented and I get so frustrated when after several layers they barely show up on my lids, I rarely use it on the eyes. Well, that’s all changed now cos the pinks in this palette have great color payoff and are so easy to apply and blend so I’ll be wearing pinks a lot more in the future. 🙂
As for today’s look, I paired pinks with blue to add a playful touch to the eyes. I used the deep and vibrant blue in the Sleek Circus palette, which is one of the prettiest blues I’ve ever seen and it’s worth buying the palette just for that color alone. But if you feel you can’t pull off blue, then you can just use any other color you want, like purple, brown or just nothing at all.
I’d better stop talking now and show you the look. I hope you’ll like it. 😉
– NYX Eyeshadow Base in White
– Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
– Sleek I-Divine Good Girl Eyeshadow Palette (Candy Floss, Pink Punch and Lychee)
– Sleek I-Divine Circus Palette
– Formula D eyeshadow in Belle
– Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24H in Black
– Layla Lash Art mascara in black
– YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain
– Pupa Luminys baked blush (pink stripes from Spring collection 2009)
– Wet n Wild Cover All Concealer Palette
– Barry M Lip Gloss Wands in Bubblegum Pink
– Start by applying an eyeshadow primer to your eyes. I used NYX Eyeshadow Base in White as the white color would really make the eyeshadows pop. And it helps keeping them in place for longer too.
– Apply Fyrinnae’s Pixie Epoxy (if you don’t have, you can skip this step) on the lid to make the colors really pop.
– Apply a medium pink shade (I used Candy Floss in the Sleek Good Girl palette) on the lid.
– Sweep a raspberry hot pink (I used Pink Punch in the Sleek Good Girl palette) on the crease.
– Apply a very pale pink shade (I used Lychee in the Sleek Good Girl palette) on browbone to highlight.
– Apply a deep, bright navy blue (I used the one in the Sleek Chaos palette) on the outer crease area and blend. Sweep the same shade on the lower lashline.
– Now, sweep a pale lavender shade (I used Formula D eyeshadow in Belle) on the inner corners of the eyes to open them up a bit.
– Line your upper lid with black eyeliner (I used Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24H in Black) and apply mascara.
– On your face, apply your usual foundation (I used YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation in no.5) and then concealer (I used Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain) to cover dark circles or any other imperfection you may have.
– Sweep a pink blush (I used the Pupa Luminys in Pink from their spring 2009 collection) on the cheeks and highlight the cheekbones, middle of the nose and chin with a white highlighter (I used the white shade in the Wet n Wild Cover All Concealer Palette).
– Apply a semi-opaque bright pink gloss ( I used Barry M Lip Gloss Wands in Bubblegum Pink) on your lips. You’re done!