and a very Happy New Year to you all! I hope you started the new year off well. And what look did you wear to celebrate? As for me, I couldn’t decide whether to do a gold or a smokey look, so I thought “why not do both?”. The result was this black and gold party look. What do you think of it?
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Sleek Makeup I-Divine Storm Eyeshadow Palette
– Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara
– Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint SPF15
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
– Mememe Blush Me in Pink
– Benefit High Beam
– Senna Sketch A Brow Pencil
– Revlon Colorbust Gloss in Crystal Lilac
– To make sure that your makeup will stay put for the entire day (or night), apply an eyeshadow primer (I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance) all over the lid. This will also make your eyeshadows look more vibrant.
– Pick up some black eyeshadow (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Storm Eyeshadow Palette) with a blending brush and, using circular motions, apply it on the crease and outer V. Then, with a pencil brush, apply the same shade on the outer lower lashline as well.
– Sweep a nudish/creamy shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Storm Eyeshadow Palette) on the browbone to highlight.
– Sweep a medium brown shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Storm Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease above the black and blend. This will help soften the edges and create a nice gradient effect that will make the transition between the black and nude shade less harsh.
– Pat a gold eyeshadow (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Storm Eyeshadow Palette) on the lid. Apply the same shade on the inner lower lashline and blend where it meets with the black.
– Apply mascara.
– Define your brows with a pencil that’s exactly the same colour as them.
– Even out your skintone with either tinted moisturizer or foundation and apply concealer where needed.
– Apply a cool Barbie pink blush (I used Mememe Blush Me in Pink) on the apples of your cheeks and dab a subtle pink highlighter (I used Benefit High Beam) on your chin, cheekbones, forehead and bridge of the nose.
– Apply a sheer lilac pink gloss (I used Revlon Colorbust Gloss in Crystal Lilac) on your lips.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.