I know, I know, this is the third gold look in a row but well, I’ve neglected gold for so long that I’m having lots of fun experimenting with it at the moment. Please bear with me, I promise I’ll create a look without gold next time, ok? As for today, I paired gold with dark brown and aqua blue shades as I was curious to see how well they worked together. Very well, as it turns out. At least I think so, what about you?
– NYX Eyeshadow Base in White
– Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
– Sleek I-Divine Storm Eyeshadow Palette (gold, nude cream and dark brown)
– Sleek Curious eyeshadow palette (aqua)
– Layla Lash Art mascara in black
– YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain
– Michael Todd Bronzing Blush in Peach
– Wet n Wild Cover All Concealer Palette
– Layla Miracle Gloss in n.5
– Start by applying an eyeshadow primer to your eyes. I used NYX Eyeshadow Base in White as the white color would really make the eyeshadows pop. And it helps keeping them in place for longer too.
– Apply Fyrinnae’s Pixie Epoxy (if you don’t have, you can skip this step) on the lid to make the colors really pop.
– Apply a gold shade (I used the one in the Sleek Storm palette) on the middle of the lid.
– Apply an aqua shade (I used the one in the Sleek Curious palette) all around the gold shade, on the inner and outer corners of the eye and on the crease. Blend well to avoid any harsh lines.
– Sweep a nude cream shade (I used the one in the Sleek Storm palette) on the browbone to highlight.
– Sweep a dark brown shade (I used the one in the Sleek Storm palette) on the outer crease to darken the color. Apply the same shade on the lower lashline and finish the eyes off with mascara.
– On your face, apply your usual foundation (I used YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation in no.5) and then concealer (I used Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain) to cover dark circles or any other imperfection you may have.
– Sweep a peach blush (I used Paul & Joe Disney Face Color Ball) on your cheeks and highlight the cheekbones, middle of the nose and chin with a white highlighter (I used the white shade in the Wet n Wild Cover All Concealer Palette).
– Apply a coral nude lip gloss shade (I used Layla Miracle Gloss in n.5) to finish the look.