today’s look is a bit out of my comfort zone. It’s not really an extravagant look at all, but it is extravagant for me. Wat did I do? Well, instead than wearing bright eye makeup, I decided to make the lips the focus of this look and wear red lipstick! I actually love red lippies and I’m finally starting to feel comfortable wearing them so you can expect more bold lips looks in the future. 😉 Because of the red lips, though, I kept the rest of the makeup quite natural. I hope you’ll like it.
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Gosh Effect Powder in Pineapple
– Sleek Makeup I-Divine Storm Eyeshadow Palette
– Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
– Eyeko Big Eyes Mascara
– Layla Hydro Tense Foundation
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
– E.L.F. Studio Golden Bronzer
– Wet n Wild Lip Liner in Milk Coffee
– Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Extravagant Red
– Start by applying an eyeshadow primer to your eyes (I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance) to help makeup stay put all day and improve the color payoff of the eyeshadows.
– Pat a soft gold eyeshadow (I used Gosh Effect Powder in Pineapple) all over the crease and bring it slightly up into the crease.
– Apply a darker gold shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Eyeshadow palette in Storm) on the outer part of the lid. Blend well.
– Sweep a reddish brown (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Eyeshadow palette in Storm) on the outer V and blend. Now, using a pencil brush or a shader brush, apply the same shade on the lower lashline too.
– Line your upper lashline with a black eyeliner (I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero) and apply mascara.
– I mixed Layla Hydro Tense Foundation in n.3, which is too dark for my skintone, with my day moisturizer (Olay Total Effects day cream) to create a shade that would match me and applied it all over my face. Then I applied concealer (I used Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer) on my undereye area to hide my dark circles.
– On my cheeks, I used the two lighter shade in the E.L.F. Studio Golden Bronzer as blush.
– I don’t have a red lip liner so I used a neutral soft pink shade (I used Wet n Wild Lip Liner in Milk Coffee) instead to define my lips.
– Now, using a lip brush, apply a true red lipstick shade (I used Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Extravagant Red) on your lips.