todays’ look was a request from my dear friend Mylanqolia. She wanted me to do a very colorful look with a winged eyeliner so here it is. For the look, I’ve used lots of different shades, from yellows to blues, from oranges to purples with a touch of fuchsia too. It came out really colorful and bright and I was pleased with it. I hope you’ll like it too.
Also, shock, horror, I’m posting a full face picture this time. I’m nervous about it cos I’m not photogenic and look horrible in pix, but I thought it was about time I showed my ugly mug on here. Please, excuse the horrible blush application. I’ve applied more than usual cos I was afraid the flash would completely wash it out otherwise.
Also, I forgot to write down the items I used on my face. Sorry about that, I’ll be more careful next time, but at least you can see the whole effect of the look. Well, enough of me talking, here’s the pix:
– Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer
– Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
– Beauty From The earth eyeshadow in Lemon
– Sleek Bohemian palette (matte yellow, dark blue)
– Beauty From the Earth eyeshadow in Tangerine
– Barry M Dazzle Dust #86 Pink Shimmer
– Fyrinnae Nevermore eyeshadow
– Fyrinnae Arcane Magic eyeshadow in Faerie Glamour
– Sleek Curious palette (white, bright blue)
– Essence Quattro Eyeshadow palette in Party Animal (light blue)
– Pupa True Eyes eyeliner pencil in black
– Prestige Eyeliner pencil in Kiwi
– Apply an eyeshadow primer (I used Senna Totally Transforming Eyeshadow Primer) all over the lid to create a base for the shades to adhere to and last longer.
– Apply Fyrinnae’s Pixie Epoxy (if you don’t have, you can skip this step) on the lid to make the colors really pop.
– Apply a bright yellow shade (I used Beauty From the Earth eyeshadow in Lemon) on the inner part of the lid. Using MAC 219 pencil brush, apply the same shade in the inner lower lashline.
– Apply a slightly brighter, matte yellow (I used the one in the Sleek Bohemian palette) on the middle part of the lid and blend.
– Apply an orange shade (I used Beauty From The Earth eyeshadow in Tangerine) on the outer part of the lid and blend where it meets the yellow.
– Sweep a fuchsia shade (I used Barry M Dazzle Dust #86 Pink Shimmer) on the outer V and crease.
– Apply a bright purple eyeshadow (I used Fyrinnae’s Nevermore) on the crease.
– Sweep a light purple with aqua shimmer (I used Fyrinnae Arcane Magic eyeshadow in Faerie Glamour) on the crease between the purple and the browbone and blend very well to soften any harsh lines.
– Now, using the same Fuchsia shade you use before, blend any the purples on the lid and the browbone to soften any harsh lines.
– Apply a white shade (I used the one in the Sleek Curious palette) on the browbone to highlight.
– Using MAC 219 pencil brush, sweep a matte dark blue shade (I used the one in the Sleek Bohemian palette) on the outer lower lashline.
– Using MAC 219 pencil brush, sweep a brighter but lighter blue shade (I used the one in the Sleek Curious palette) on the middle lower lashline and blend well.
– Using MAC 219 pencil brush, apply a pale blue shade (I used the one in Essence Quattro Eyeshadow palette in Party Animal) on the inner lower lashline and blend where it meets the yellow and darker blue shades.
– Using a black pencil liner (I used Pupa True Eyes eyeliner pencil in black) line your lid and wing it.
– Apply a green pencil liner (I used Prestige Eyeliner pencil in Kiwi) on the waterline.