I rarely wear dark eye looks. I have fair skin so if I use dark shades I often end up looking like I got punched in the eyes. Plus, these colours would make my tiny eyes look even smaller. But I was experimenting with them anyway, just to see if I could make them work and came up with this. I hope you’ll like it:
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Sleek I-Divine Storm Eyeshadow Palette
– Senna Ultra Last Eyeliner in Ultra Black
– Essence All Eyes On Me Mascara
– Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat in Beige Rosé
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
– Illamasqua Powder Blush in Naked Rose
– Senna Lip Lacquer in Blush Wine
1. I started by applying Too Faced Shadow Insurance to make the colour stay put for the whole day, and then I pat a soft black shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Storm Eyeshadow Palette) on the lid. But, if you prefer, you can apply a black cream eyeshadow or even gel eyeliner as a base. The black colour will intensify the shade we’re gonna applying on top, also giving it a dirtier, grungier look.
2. Pat a medium cranberry shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Storm Eyeshadow Palette) on the lid on top of the black.
3. Sweep a medium matte brown shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Storm Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease, but don’t bring the colour up too much. This will warm up the look a bit.
4. Apply a black shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Storm Eyeshadow Palette) on the outer corner of the eye.
5. Highlight the browbone with a shimmering cream shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Storm Eyeshadow Palette).
6. With a pencil brush, line your lower lashline with the same black shade you previously used.
7. With a pencil brush, apply the cranberry shade you used on the lid on the lower lashline, on top of the black.
8. Reapply just a little bit of black on the outer part of the lower lashline.
9. Line your upper lashline with a black eyeliner (I used Senna Ultra Last Eyeliner in Ultra Black). For a more intense look, you can also apply it on your upper and lower waterlines, but I didn’t do this because it would have made my smaller eyes look even smaller.
10. Apply mascara.
FACE & LIPS
1. Apply foundation and concealer.
2. Apply an almost matte rosy pink blush (I used Illamasqua Powder Blush in Naked Rose) on your cheeks.
3. Apply a shimmering semi-opaque rose shade with peachy undertones on your lips (I used Senna Lip Lacquer in Blush Wine).
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.