When I wear a bold lip colour, I like to keep the rest of my makeup very simple and natural. That’s what I did today. I applied a touch of cream coloured cream eyeshadow on the lids, which hardly adds any colour but instead brightens up the eyes and makes me look fresh and awake.
Then, I finished off the look with a hint of pink blush on the cheeks and an intense fuchsia lipstick that adds a pop of colour to an otherwise boring look. The result is fun and polished. It’s also very easy to do, so I didn’t take step-by-step photos, but here’s what I used:
– Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadows in Barely Branded
– Pupa Vamp! Mascara in Brown
– Senna Sketch A Brow Pencil
– Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat in Beige Rosé
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
– Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flushed
– Benefit High Beam
– Deborah Il Rossetto in #534
1. Apply a warm and shimmering creamy beige cream eyeshadow (I used Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadows in Barely Branded) all over the lids. Make sure the colour is more intense on the lid, and becomes softer as you reach the browbone area.
2. Apply brown mascara (I used Pupa Vamp! Mascara in Brown). If you want the look to be more intense, you can use black instead.
3. Groom your eyebrows with an eyebrow pencil (I used Senna Sketch A Brow Pencil).
FACE & LIPS
1. Even out the skintone with foundation and apply concealer where needed. I used it to hide my dark circles.
2. Sweep a shimmering blue-based pink blush (I used Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flushed) on the apples of your cheeks.
3. Highlight your cheekbones, the bridge of your nose and your cupid’s bow with a soft pink highlighter (I used Benefit High Beam).
4. With a pencil brush, apply a bright fuchsia lipstick shade with purple undertones and a shiny finish (I used Deborah Il Rossetto in #534).