I rarely wore makeup in high school. It just wasn’t the done thing in Senigallia. But on some days, the urge to wear makeup was too great, and then I’d do a simple look that made me look polished and didn’t take too much time. No students wants to wake up an hour earlier just to do her makeup!
As a lot of you have started school again, I thought I’d show you an example of a typical look I would have worn back then. I know some of you will object to me using high-end products a lot of students can’t afford, but to me, the point of looks and tutorials posts is to give you ideas you can adapt to your colouring, needs, and budgets. You don’t necessarily have to use everything I used. Similar colours would work well too.
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Senna Eye Color in Coppertina
– Senna Sketch A Brow Pencil
– Dior Diorskin Nude Foundation
– Pupa Vamp! Mascara in Chocolate Brown
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
– Milani Minerals Blush in Luminous
– Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Super Natural
1. Start by applying a primer on the lid. You don’t want your eyeshadow to start creasing during math class.
2. On the lid, crease, and lower lashline, apply a subtle neutral shade that accentuates your eyes and you feel comfortable in. I used Senna Eye Color in Coppertina, a light and warm copper shade infused with gold shimmers.
3. Fill in your eyebrows with a pencil that matches their colour. I used Senna Sketch A Brow Pencil.
4. Brown mascara looks softer and more natural than black, so, imo, it’s a better option for school. I used Pupa Vamp! Mascara in Chocolate Brown.
FACE & LIPS
1. Apply foundation and concealer as needed.
2. You don’t want to take too long to do your makeup in the morning before leaving for school, so use a blush that also doubles up as highlighter. Avoid very shimmery blushes though. Looking like a disco ball is not a good look, especially in the classroom! I used Milani Blush in Luminous, a peachy pink blush with gold shimmers.
3. On the lips, use a subtle pink sheer gloss like Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Super Natural.
What do you think of this look? What do/did you wear at school?
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.