Today’s look is totally out of my comfort zone. I’m very comfortable wearing bright, colourful and shimmering looks most people find weird and even unflattering, but cat eyes with red lips? That’s not usually my thing.
But this year I decided to experiment more with new techniques, not just unusual colour combos, so I took out a black liquid eyeliner and a bright red lippie and set to work. I’m quite pleased with the result. For a first effort, it’s not that bad, even if I say so myself.
The black eyeliner all around my eyes does make them look smaller, but it also gives them a mysterious vibe that I quite dig. Although next time I may use a pair of false lashes to give more drama to the eyes and maybe a different red shade for the lips. What do you think?
Here’s how you can achieve this look:
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Sleek Makeup I-Divine Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette
– Senna Pinpoint Micro Top Liquid Eyeliner
– Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero
– Sleek Makeup Brow Kit in Light
– YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
– Sleek Makeup Blush in Suede
– Sleek Makeup Face Form in Light
– Sleek Makeup Lip4 in Tease
1. Prime your lids with an eyeshadow primer. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
2. Pat a champagne shade with pink undertones (I used Organza in the Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette) on the lid.
3. Sweep a soft and shimmering bronzy brown shade (I used Gift Basket in the Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease.
4. Pat a matte cream shade (I used Bow in the Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette) on the browbone to highlight.
5. With a bold and intense black liquid eyeliner (I used Senna Pinpoint Micro Top Liquid Eyeliner), line your upper lashline. Apply a thin line in the inner part of the lashline, and increase its thickness as you reach its end. Then, wing it out.
6. Line your waterline with a black pencil eyeliner (I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero). Apply it on the outer part of the lower lashline. That will fill in any gaps between the black winged eyeliner and the black on the waterline. You can smudge it too if you like that effect.
7. Apply mascara.
8. Groom and shape your eyebrow as needed (I used both the Sleek Makeup Brow Kit in Light).
FACE & LIPS
1. Apply foundation all over your face and concealer where needed.
2. Contour your cheekbones, your jaw line and your temples with a matte contouring powder that’s slightly darker than your skintone (I used Sleek Matte Blush in Suede).
3. Apply a creamy highlighting shade with a satin finish (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Face Form Palette in Light) on top of your cheekbones.
4. With a pencil brush, apply a glossy and bright true red shade (I used Paris in the Sleek Makeup Lip4 in Tease) on the lips.