As the day goes by the makeup you applied in the morning can fade and slide off, especially if you have oily skin or the weather is really hot, making it necessary to do some touching up. I have to say that I’m pretty lazy when it comes to retouching my makeup but then I’m rarely out of the house all day so my makeup is still good when I come home. But on special occasions, I like to do some touching up to keep my makeup looking fresh. I thought it’d be nice to share how I do it. Here are a few tips:
1. If you have oily or combination skin, start by removing excess oil with oil-blotting sheets or a tissue.
2. Then, remove your lipstick and, if your lips feel dry, apply lip balm.
3. Using a sponge and gentle buffing motions, smooth out your foundation, blush and, if you’re wearing it, bronzer. Blend well to soften any harsh edges.
4. If you need to, apply concealer again on your dark circles and blemishes, paying attention to avoid the cheek area where you applied your blush.
5. If your blush has faded, apply it again. Be careful to use a light hand though. Some of the color is still on your cheeks so if you apply it as you usually do in the mornings, you’re just gonna overdo it and look like a clown.
6. Set everything with powder. Now that you have retouched your face makeup, dust some powder on top of it to set it. Use one with SPF (make sure it contains Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide or Avobenzone which offer UVA protection) so that your face will also be protected by the harmful sun rays.
7. If your eyeshadows has creased, blot the area with a tissue. Then, use a brush (a q -tip will do too) to blend it back into place and set it with powder. If you want to, you can now apply more eyeshadow to make the look as intense as it was in the morning.
8. Finish off by applying lipstick again.
Do you ever retouch your makeup? Do you have any tips you wanna share?