I know you know you shouldn’t pop pimples. It’s gross and just spreads the infection around.
But, I know you’re doing it anyway. Because, it feels quite satisfying, doesn’t it?
Well, if you have to do it, you may just as well do it the right way. Here’s how:
- Is that white head so visible, it looks like it’s been staring at you, begging you to pop it? Then, go ahead. But, if the white head hasn’t popped up yet, wait. You’ll just make things worse, if you don’t.
- Before you start, wash your face and hands. There are bacteria and dirt on there, and you don’t want them anywhere near the pimple.
- This is the scary part. Get a needle and sterilize it by heating up the tip with a lighter or match. Wait a few minutes for it to cool down or you’ll get burnt (ouch!), and wipe it clean with a cotton ball soaked with rubbing alcohol.
- Soak another cotton ball in alcohol and wipe the pimple and the surrounding area with it.
- Place the needle nearly parallel to your skin and impale the tip of the pimple (this is why I don’t pop pimples – needles freak me out too much).
- Apply gentle pressure to the side of the pimple to get all the pus out. Whatever you do, DON’T squeeze!
- Soak another cotton ball with alcohol (it’s the last time, I swear), and gently wipe the area.
Voila, done. The pimple is gone.
Do you pop your pimples? If so, how?