Glitter nail polishes are a must during the holidays. They jazz up your nails and make them sparkle and shine. Once they’re on, you don’t want to take them off anymore. And not only because they look so pretty. Glitter nail polishes are a pain to remove!
That’s because of their texture, which is rich in glitter particles and poor in actual lacquer. But don’t fret. There’s a way to make removal quick and effortless. You’ll only need a cotton pad, your usual nail polish remover and tin foil. Oh, and a hand cream. It’ll come in handy afterwards.
Here’s how to use them:
1. Soak (and I literally mean soak) a cotton pad in nail polish remover. Don’t skimp on it or it won’t work as well
2. Place the cotton pad on your nail, and wrap the tin foil tightly around it. Do the same on every nail (one hand at a time).
3. Wait about 5 minutes to give the nail polish remover time to dissolve the glitters and lacquers.
4. Slide off the tin and cotton at the same time. I do this by applying a slight pressure on the nails, and gently twist the wrap back and forth. This will remove most of the glitters.
5. If some glitters are still on your nails, simply take them off with a cotton pad and nail polish remover. They’ll come away really easily now.
6. Your nails will feel dry now, so moisturize them with a good hand cream. They will thank you for it.
Do you wear glitter nail polish during the holidays? If so, how do you take it off?