Hello ladies (and men too),
do you clean your hair brushes regularly? I try and clean mine about every 10 days but I admit I forget sometimes. Which is very bad of me cos hair brushes collect dirt, product build up and gunk and will transfer all that back to your freshly-washed hair if you don’t clean them properly.
And that’s the last thing we all want right? But if that thought alone isn’t off-putting enough for you, there is another reason why you should wash your brushes often. A good hair brush will last for years if you take proper care of it and you won’t have to rush out and buy a new one every time it gets too dirty.
Here’s how I clean my hair brushes:
1. With the help of a wide-toothed comb, I remove all strands of hair and other visible gunk from the hair brush. I always make sure to do this holding the brush over a trash can to avoid making a mess on the floor or sink.
2. Then, I put some water in a bowl (but you can fill up your sink if you prefer) and add a couple of drops of a gentle shampoo or dish soap, depending on what I have at hand. They both work fine. Now, I soak the bristles of the brush in the water for a few minutes to loosen up the dirt still on it.
3. Using a comb, I go through the brush bristles again to scrub away any remaining gunk and dirt. Once, the brush is completely clean, I rinse it off with lukewarm water. Then, I tap off any excess water and let it air-dry.
– Some brushes come with cleaning instructions, so make sure you follow them properly.
– Do not soak wooden brushes in water. That’s because water can be absorbed by the wood and ruin the brush.
How do you clean your hair brushes? And how often?
Take The Guesswork Out Of Skincare Shopping
Get access to the “Pro Skincare Library” for exclusive skincare routine “cheat sheets” and tricks to help you navigate the beauty aisles jungle like a pro and immediately know what to pick off the shelves to achieve the gorgeous skin of your dreams - even when you’re drowning in an endless sea of skincare products.