“Is that a vibrator?”
That’s the first thing that came out of Mr BWB’s mouth when he spotted the Foreo Issa Hybrid in the bathroom. Yes, he has a dirty mind. He has a point, too.
This electric toothbrush does look like an adult toy. But it’s only your mouth that’s gonna play with it.
And, boy, does that feel weird! If you’ve never used an electric toothbrush before (I was a virgin, too), the first time, all those pulsations make you feel like there’s an earthquake going on in your mouth. Not pleasant.
It gets better with time. But, is sticking to it worth it?
How Does Foreo Issa Hybrid Toothbrush Work?
The Foreo Issa Hydrid Toothbrush uses Sonic Pulse Technology to create “micro-sweeps” thats wipe away gunk and plaque and remove stains. That’s a more gentler way to clean your teeth than scratching all around your mouth. There are seven speeds so you can choose the one that works best for you.
What Makes The Foreo Issa Hybrid Special?
I know, I’m not the best person to compare electric toothbrushes. This is my first one. But, it has plenty of cool features that I don’t think any other electric toothbrush has. Well, maybe they have some of them, but not all:
- Silicone bristles on the edges that are gentle on the gums and PBT polymer bristles in the center that are hard on plaque
- 3D flexible brush head that allows you to reach every part of your mouth
- Silicone bristles are more resistant to bacterial-buildup
- Built-in timer that beeps every 30 seconds to let you know it’s time to move it to another section of your mouth
- It’s so lightweight and easy to carry around with you everywhere
- Each brush head lasts one year
- Only needs to be charged every six months
- It’s pink! (Ok, it comes in other colours but why wouldn’t you get the pink one?!)
Let’s Put It To The Test: Personal Use & Opinion
Did it clean my teeth well? Yes. It didn’t do much for my stains but it did remove most of the crap in my mouth.
Is it gentler than a regular toothbrush? You bet. If you have sensitive gums, this is perfect. The bristles are gentler and don’t scratch. There isn’t any irritations. Or blood (although if your gums are super, super, super sensitive, I guess that may still happen).
The only problem? It doesn’t get in-between teeth as well as I’d like. That just means I have to floss more often.
The toothbrush itself is on the pricey side (£149.00) but the brush heads are much cheaper. That’ll set you back only £17.00 a year.
I can’t say this is a must have but if you want to take the plunge and upgrade your regular brush to an electric one, go for the Foreo Issa Hybrid. Your gums will thank you.